“Great Miniature Golf Course and Water Wars is a ton of fun!”

Park Avenue Sports Center
Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Corning
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an outdoor family fun center. We offer 18 hole miniature golf course, Driving Range with Grass and Covered Tees , Batting Cage, Outdoor Tactical Laser Tag, Rock climbing wall, Bungee Jump, Water Wars and Custom flavored Ice Cream
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We took our family here and had a great time. The facility is very well kept and clean. The miniature golf course is challenging and beautiful and we had a blast with Water Wars! We were all very refreshed on a hot day after a water balloon battle like no other. Be sure to check them out when you are in Corning, NY.

1  Thank Kevin P
Janice S, Manager at Park Avenue Sports Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thanks Kevin P for visiting Park Avenue.
Water wars is a ton of fun - I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I hope you will stop in again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have been here twice. On both occasions, one of my boys got a splinter - either from the wood or rope fences lining the mini golf course. I hoped this year they would have a set of tweezers in their first aid kit, since they saw how much we needed a pair last year. No such luck. I can't believe we are the only ones that have had this issue, so they really need to have the ability to address this problem. It is no fun to complete a mini golf game with a splinter in your finger.

The mini golf course is pretty fun. It has nice landscaping, and the holes are not too difficult. The water features are a source of discussion, and the tools to scoop your ball back out of the water are handy. It is a lot more than my go-to mini-golf course in the area - Harris Hill (much more basic, but still fun). I was with a pre-paid group, but the family of 4 in front of me paid over $25.

My son also enjoyed the bungee trampoline. They had too many people there (two big groups on the same day - ask about that if you are planning a big event), so we had to wait about half an hour for this. One of the bungee trampoline workers seemed really unsure about the requirements. He had several little kids and wasn't sure if they could go in his harness. He switched to another kid (traded with the other trampoline), and after letting him jump for a minute brought him down and re-adjusted something. I'm glad he fixed the problem, but I didn't get a really comfortable feeling about the safety with what I was overhearing and seeing.

The rock wall was too crowded. Given the width of the wall, there should only be 3 "lines" there - not 4. I saw quite a few rock climbing walls recently on vacation, and none were this crowded. At one point, the best spot for my hand was where the guy to my right was about to put his foot, while going to the left would have me right by that persons cable (they were still below me). If you are the only one visiting the wall, it probably won't be an issue. If you are trying to go up at the same time as others, I don't recommend it.

In addition to many, many flavors of ice cream, they also have a huge selection of slushy flavors using the same extracts. This was fun for my dairy-free kid!

We'll probably visit again sometime for mini-golf, although it will probably be a once-a-year type place.

2  Thank Misvr
Janice S, Owner at Park Avenue Sports Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

First thank you for stopping into Park Avenue.
Thank you also for your review - we care about your experience.
First we do not have any wood or rope around our course.
We did this year however get a few people that told us that they had gotten splinters on our railing in one section on our deck. We have since we got this complaints gotten this area totally replaced.

In regards to the rock wall/bungee jump. That was our very first weekend and it has been a learning curve for us. I apologize that you experienced a long wait. We knew it would take us longer as we were being extra cautious with the harnesses.

I trust your visit was enjoyable and again thanks for the information.

I will pass it along to my staff the importance of letting me know of situation as I never heard of any splinter the year before - my apologies for that.

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This is such a fun place to go! Nice people & fun, active things to do with the kids. We often stop just for the ice cream! My kids have also attended some bday parties & loved it!

Thanks for your kind feedback for Park Avenue.
Yes our ice cream has been quite a hit and we see people making a special trip to try it.
Glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you'll stop back soon.