“Definitely Not Real Southern BBQ”
Review of Effin Texas Bar - CLOSED

Effin Texas Bar
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Ate here mid week, place was pretty empty. Staff was not very friendly, almost like he was kitchen staff forced to wait tables. We had the beef brisket and a hamburger, were told fries are extra, salad is extra, soup is extra. Beef brisket was dry, not fresh. Hamburger was ok. Not a lot of food for the money. Would not recommend this place to anyone looking for a authentic southern BBQ. Ironically best part of this meal was the decor, the walls are lined with cool signed guitars and rock memorabilia. If they spent as much time on food and service as they spent on decor, they would be a hit.

1  Thank VacationHank

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We heard from friends that this place was good. We decided to try it and we will never go back. Lets start with the positives, the salad and cornbread were awesome (not why we went there). I ordered the pulled pork platter and my gf ordered the beef brisket platter. Mine came out cold and hers was luke warm. The mac and cheese looked and tasted like it was made a week ago. I sent mine back to get "nuked" and it came back luke warm. We did get 10% off the bill, saved a whole 2 dollars. The waitress was sooooooo slow and we actually ended up walking our check down and paying at the bar. The 2 dollars we saved went as our tip to the terrible service and food.

2  Thank Bobbo51283
EffinTexasBarGrill, Owner at Effin Texas Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

As the owner, I hate seeing reviews like yours as it means we fell way short of the standards that my wife and I set for our restaurant. It is unacceptable and I ask that you please give us another shot and I personally will make sure your experience is top notch. Please email us when you decide to stop by and we will be there to make sure you're taken care of! Reach us at effintexas@effintexas.com . We hope to see you soon!
-Duane Doherty
Owner

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went on a Saturday night for dinner with three other people. The atmosphere was nice and the music memorabilia was great! The menu is extensive and the prices are a great value. I had a pulled pork platter, which had a huge amount of pulled pork with two sides and cornbread... all for $9.99. I loved the sweet potato waffle fries that had honey drizzled on them. The pulled pork was some of the best I have ever had. My husband had the ribs. The one rib I tried tasted like charcoal and I couldn't stomach it. He had said his first rack was really good, but the second one was a bit burnt. The service was great. Overall we had a great experience and will be going back to try out other items on the menu.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Found a relaxing atmosphere! Wait staff was attentive and fast! Will go back to have more awesome wings!

1  Thank droopy3131
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time here. We had ok service, she was new and they were busy so we forgave her. The food was delicious. The sides definitely outshine the main fried goodness but everything was tasty. Liked the rock n roll decorations and the laid back atmosphere. We will be back next time we're in Corning.