“Pastries and crepes warm from the oven!”

Poppleton Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Corning
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Poppleton Bakery and Cafe is Corning's scratch bakery. Offering a wide variety of fresh baked pastries, cakes, and desserts, as well as bubble tea, sweet and savory crepes, salads, soups, and quiche, there is always something for everyone. Top quality products are always used and customer service is a top priority!
Hershey,Pa
“Pastries and crepes warm from the oven!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Carol has done an amazing job providing quality pastries and personal service. The shop is unique with tin ceiling and large windows that look out onto Market street. This is the perfect place to stop for a snack or lunch. Everything is made to order. I had Chicken Mediterranean with homemade hummus crepe and my husband had chilli. We had real ice tea, black with atouch of lavender. Keep an open tab to add on a dessert or pastry to go. I had to try a scone. It was fresh raspberry and just out of the oven; and a custom crepe with fresh ricotta cream, nutella, banana and oranges. As we were leaving, Carol was getting ready to make Banana foster cheese cake.
Poppleton Pastry shop was a highlight of our day, don't miss it!

GRAFTON,NY
““Cupcakes to Crepes, and bubble tea…a Corning Market Street Gem””
Reviewed June 12, 2013

When I entered for coffee a few weeks ago, there were new owners of this Market Street shop, and the décor had changed from my last visit…pleasantly I may add! So to, had the “bill of fare”…breakfast crepes, lunch crepes, and more…! I was greeted by three friendly folks, struck up a conversation, and the rest is history. Since then, it has become a great place to lunch with associates, and sample the unique menu. Don’t be fooled, there are a few “gems” that the staff didn’t have room for on the menu board, so ask for a “Crepe Club,” (and for a twist add Mandarin oranges). The dark ice tea is the best, although for a big surprise, order a “bubble tea” and enjoy the experience. Of course, you can’t leave without a sweet treat, cookies, cupcakes, cakes, and now chocolate truffles have appeared on special occasions. All of this, and a wonderful pleasant staff, what more can one ask for, so if you are a tourist visiting the area, or work in the area and want a real treat, this is a must visit spot!

Brewerton
“One of the best cookies I've ever had. Salty Chocolate chocolate chip with Raspberry puree.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We chose this restaurant because of the Trip Advisor rating. Thank you!! My husband and I had lunch crepes. He had Mediterranean Chicken and I had Mexican Chicken. His was much more falvorful but both were good. The owner gave us samples of the salty cho choc chip cookies and we bought all the remaining ones in the store. Amazing, calorie-worthy and really good chocolate. Scones were floury, delicious and fresh. I was looking for espresso, which they may have now, but was more than satsfied with the coffee section. Great friendly staff, great foo, great location. I would order those cookies on line in a minute! Hint...

1 Thank cathy k
Bath, New York, United States
“Bubble Tea!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

In celebration of Mother's day, my family and I had lunch at the Market Street Brewing Co. and noted the Poppleton Pastries name referenced on their menu, so we had to stop in there after lunch, as it was just a short walk down the street.

I was SO excited to see Bubble Tea on the menu (it was perfect- perfect flavor and the tapioca was cooked perfectly). Their selection of sweets was extensive and I can't wait to go back to try their crepes and quiche!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lacey14810
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great lunch stop”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had to stop by Poppleton Pastries, not only because of of it's number one rating on trip advisor, but it's also my wife's maiden name and we were intrigued. We tried to stop for dinner in the eve on the way to Rochester, but alas it was closed. So we stopped in for lunch on our trip home. The staff was busy behind the counter, but quickly took our orders. We had the soup and quiche - beef barley and bacon for me, veggie and tomato for my wife along with coffees and of course we had to pick up a pastry for the road (deliscious!!). The beef barley soup was the winner as far as I was concerned...chock full of large chunks of beef it was very good. The quiche was tasty but average. We'll stop again on our way to Rochester on our next trip!

• Visited February 2013