“I wish I could go back!”

Poppleton Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Corning
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Poppleton Bakery and Cafe is Corning's scratch bakery. Offering a wide variety of fresh baked pastries, cakes, and desserts, as well as bubble tea, sweet and savory crepes, salads, soups, and quiche, there is always something for everyone. Top quality products are always used and customer service is a top priority!
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were simply passing through Corning and decided to pick up some baked goods because this place looked so cute! Oh my...what a find! The blueberry scones were amazing! We also picked up some cookies for later and tried a fruit smoothie! Everything was delicious!

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful pastries, especially the scones and baklava . I stop in whenever I need some unique treats for AM events at work...there are never any leftovers!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We popped in during Glass Fest and tasted the wine cake - delicious. Came back the next day and had lunch here. Bacon and cheese quiche, homemade tomato soup, roastbeef and horseradish wrap, scones all were very good. I had a piece of the carrot cake and although it was good, it lacked a strong carrot flavor. I should have bought a whole wine cake to bring home and am disappointed that I resisted the temptation.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Top quality made-from-scratch everything. Scones, cakes, soups, quiche. Also a selection of international grilled-cheese sandwich (example - melted brie, granny smith apples, fig spread). Hot chocolate made the real way - from melted chocolate. Topped with real whipped cream OR store-made marshmallow. Great lunch or a light dinner.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I accompanied my husband to Corning in early October for the Wine Glass marathon. The weather was cold and wet. Poppleton Pastries is located about 100 yards from the finish line. We went in the evening before the marathon to purchase their outstanding autumn cake soaked in local wine-- super moist, super delicious. While there I asked the owner if it would be okay to hang out there for a couple of hours tomorrow and watch the marathon. She said absolutely, please come by. The next morning she remembered me, welcomed me, and told me to make sure to get a seat at the window so I'd have a good view.

I ordered a cup of the outstanding rich hot chocolate, so thick and delicious. I also had a pastry. Throughout the hectic morning as people filed in and out the owners and staff were nothing but gracious and kind. Their warmth was much appreciated on this cold windy day.

If you're in Corning, be sure to go by Poppleton and enjoy their wonderful pastries, hot chocolate, and friendly hospitality! This place is a true gem in downtown Corning.

1  Thank Tecalli