“Quality ingredients make great-tasting food!”
Review of Walker Cake Company - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We've had breakfast here each of the three times we were in Corning in the last year. The food was delicious every time. Everything seems fresh and from scratch, like I would make it at home if only I had the time! I see the other reviews about service and the service seemed just fine when we have been there...but, we go to Corning to enjoy a slower pace anyway so I might feel differently if I were on my way to work on a weekday or something. The baked goods are amazing: I've had a pecan bar, a biscotti, and a cookie (one at each visit) as a dessert for my breakfast (yes, on vacation you're allowed to have dessert even for breakfast!) and each was fantastic. They make a very good (albeit inconsistently so on each visit) mocha-latte drink (a "mochaccino"?) and I am a total latte snob (yes, they do exist) and so I'm tough to please on those drinks---it's hard to rival my kitchen and their mochaccino does it. The just didn't taste the same each time. On one visit, had some very yummy combination of french toast with nutella (I think), marshmallow fluff, and bananas. On a later visit, I wanted to save my sweet tooth for dessert, I had a spinach feta egg sandwich and it was made exactly the way I requested (well done on the egg)...so I got one of those again on visit #3. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the food was served promptly enough for our (weekend) pace.

1  Thank Chris_S_Travels

Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you're looking for a casual atmosphere for brunch with great food, and you're not too concerned about time or service, go to Walker Cake Company. They make everything from scratch, and you can tell. It's delicious. They aren't quick though for a casual eatery, it took us about 15 minutes to get coffee. And the service isn't very good, but they make up for it with the excellent food.

1  Thank LGBTtraveler
Reviewed October 26, 2013

With a friend visiting us from out of state, we took her here for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Crowded but not overly so. We placed our order promptly. They had to brew some new coffee and said it would be right out. Our food came out looking good, but was cold. We had to ask for our coffee. This place could be terrific if they hired some additional staff and served the food more promptly. Obviously ours had been sitting around for a while not under a warmer. Just some basic, simple things would improve their performance dramatically.

1  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Normally I check trip advisor for restaurant reviews. Wish I had on this place.The waitress at a wonderful restaurant where we had dinner suggested this spot for breakfast. It was a Thursday morning and there were a few tables filled. We placed our order, then waited and waited and waited. We had a full day planned in the area so this was frustrating. I had ordered 2 cups of black coffee and finally went up to ask for those. Bottom line..food just ok when it finally arrived. Don't bother!

1  Thank Maureen W
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for something close by for breakfast and wandered by. They have a big menu and the prices are reasonable. The food was well prepared. Had pancakes and breakfast burrito.

1  Thank The_lady_traveler