“We stayed in Corning, Ny to avoid construction in PA on I 80” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Corning

Staybridge Suites Corning
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Hartford, Connecticut
“We stayed in Corning, Ny to avoid construction in PA on I 80”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

This staybridge was clean and close to the highway.
We appreciated the pizza supper in the evening.

The only complaints were, that the back door was left wide open unattended and when i reported it to the front desk they said they knew that they had left it open for air circulation.
I felt it was a bed idea since the door was off the area where they serve the meals and could attract rodents.

Second complaint was that we were given a room on the upper floor and the elevator was down two long hallways and then a third when we got upstairs. I was traveling with my parents in their late 80's and felt they could have given us anything closer.

Plus some people upstairs told us the elevator was having troubles the day before and not working....they had to know that at the front desk and i don't think they should have put elderly people in that possible position.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Barton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed here for one night on our way from New York to Niagara Falls. We were lucky enough to find ourselves in one of the suites that are allocated for disabled travellers. It was spacious, clean and very well equipped and presented. The kitchen was equipped with everything you could possibly need, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, kitchen untensils etc. A lounge with televison and DVD player. The bathroom was very big and very well laid out. We would have liked to stay for more than one night and made the most of the excellent facilities. The breakfast was very good with a varied choice to suit everyone. The only down side was the water in the swimming pool which was suspiciously murky! Highly recommended.

1 Thank Dixyview
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

Pros: This is a very nice, clean hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice and the location is ideal. It's right near the Corning Glass museum. Cons: The breakfast that was included was very limited. The pool was a little too cold to be injoyable the night we were there. I'm not thrilled with the "light duty" housekeeping they offer on weekdays and no housekeeping on weekends. The front desk assured me that all I needed to do was ask if I wanted full service housekeeping, but I didn't end up doing that. For almost $200 a night I really expect my garbage cans to be empied and clean towels to be left automatically. I understand the trend towards being green, but really? Not emptying garbage cans or pulling up my covers? What's green about that? I've been to other hotels where they tell you to put towels on the floor if you want them replaced and that is fine. All and all, it was a good hotel and we will stay there again.

NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

We recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites for Friday-Sunday in a 2-bedroom suite. As usual the room was excellent. The service at the front desk was prompt and friendly. The hot tub was off-line upon our arrival, but we were assured it would be ready to go Saturday, and it was. The breakfast was very good for a hotel continental, and was refilled on a continuous basis. Depending on when you went, it was a bit crowded and you had to wait for access to certain items (toasters, cereal 'spinner'), but nothing beyond a few minutes.
We have been staying here for 5 consecutive years, and everything is just as good as the first year.

NewJersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

Great hotel -- clean, friendly staff, great location and more bang for your buck than others in the area -- would DEFINITELY recommend it.
Be sure and go to historic Corning while you are here --- lots of quaint shops and restaurants. Overall a great destination for a quick stay. Hotel is right next to the Corning museum too!

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2009

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites while taking a course at the Studio at the Corning Glass Museum. Hotel is about a mile away from downtown and right next to the parking lot for the museum. My Queen Bed suite was a little larger than a standard medium grade hotel room with a refrigerator, sink, small stove, microwave, and dish washer tucked into a small corner of the room. Suggest you ask for a room overlooking the courtyard. The bed was quite comfortable and there was a good size sofa in the room. The cheap adjustable chair in the room is too short for the desk. Internet is free and reasonably fast. A free laundry is available. Public lounge space is large and comfortable. The hotel has smoking rooms and is pet friendly, a problem for me. I found myself walking through a gauntlet of smokers when I left the building through the front entrance. Breakfast buffet was below my standards with pe-cooked eggs, stale bagels, and tasteless fruit salad. Stick to the yogurt and cereal. Three nights a week there is a light evening meal including beer and wine. Pizza on Wednesdays seemed to be the best. Some disappointments, but the best hotel I've stayed at in Corning.

• Liked — Comfortable rooms, near Corning Glass Museum
  • Disliked — Smell of smoke in hallways, mediocre breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank areview28
Paris, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2008

We spent 4 nights in November and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The location is great, it is quiet, and within walking distance of downtown Corning " Market Street". We had a studio suite, it had a range, full size fridge with ice maker, microwave and a dishwasher (a fully equipped kitchen). The complimentary morning breakfast was quite good. The hotel staff was cheerful and did their best to ensure that their guests was satisfied. I would highly recommend this hotel. This was not my first time in Corning and I have stayed at other locations while there, however I will return to Staybridge Suites the next time.

• Liked — I t met all of our requirements.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jmcan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads

Been to Staybridge Suites Corning? Share your experiences!