“We would stay here again”

Staybridge Suites Corning
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corning
New York City, New York
“We would stay here again”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My family had the pleasure of staying at the Staybridge Suites, Corning, NY for one evening (9/05/13).

Staybridge Suites Corning has clean, comfortable rooms with nicely appointed kitchenettes. Nice breakfast buffet which my daughter was happy to see included a meat option (sausage). Great location for our visit as our plans was to walk to the Corning Museum of Glass prior to check-out (12pm). They allow dogs, as in our case ... a small, quiet Shih-Tzu. There is a pool and kiddy pool, an exercise room with about 6 pieces of equipment and what appeared to be free laundry facilities (bring your own soap).

We arrived Thursday evening at about 6:35pm. During check in, my wife asked about local food options and was giving a few area recommendations. After unloading the car and dropping everything in the room and bathroom breaks we were anxious to head out to find food. It's now 6:53pm and as we're leaving past the front desk my wife asked about a sign noting a complementary evening buffet (b/w 5pm-7pm). I guess coming in with the bags, the kid, the dog and checking in, we completely missed the sign that was at our backs. Still the receptionist at the desk never mentioned it. Here's where it gets better though ... so there's this other employee who's passing through but stops to answer my wife's question about the buffet sign. John S. was informative, funny and jokingly said "hey you've got 7 mins but you can catch our buffet." Hurray for John as he saved some tired people from heading back out to spend unnecessary time and expense and instead we were able to enjoy the dining room with a few fajitas, salad and a selection of wines. John further distinguished himself Friday around noon. We'd just checked out and I'm packing the car when I see John coming in to work. I introduced myself, shook his hand and thanked him for the tip about what ended up being our dinner last night. He's cool and spends another few minutes making recommendations about the sights in the area. Some waterfalls and hiking trails and such. What a great hotel employee who simply seems to get the meaning of helpfulness and service.

Now I won't hold a grudge against the young lady from the night before as she did apologize for not mentioning the buffet. She indicated she didn't think we'd have time to catch it. Ok, I get that but fact was we did have time, it wasn't over and frankly IMO she should have mentioned the buffet right as my wife was checking it. Then we'd have had time to choose to stay or head out.

Staybridge Suites was the right choice for our Corning stay and we'd stay there again. Again our thanks to John S. for making our stay even better than it might have otherwise been.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ShanRich
Kent P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corning, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your stay with us at the Staybridge Suites in Corning, NY. I am glad that Jon was able to make your stay such a memorable experience. He is definitely a leader in customer service at our hotel.

607-936-7800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Corona, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here. I think it is one of those "extended stay" suite places. It is very clean. Our suite had a full kitchenette, complete with stove, full-size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and a dishwasher! They also provided dishes, utensils, pots and dishes. We Teally didn't plan on using anything but the coffee maker but since they provided a package of microwave popcorn, we just had to make it, lol.
They have a hot breakfast buffet each morning but they do not have any other type of restaurant on the premises.
There is also a 24 hr exercise room, 24 hr laundry room, an indoor pool and a patio area, although we didn't use any of these facilities.
The hotel is right across the street from the pick up/drop off area for the shuttle bus that takes you to the Corning Glass Museum and the Rockwell Museum of Western Art. However, you can walk to the Glass Museum as it is only 2 blocks away and you can also walk to the Rockwell Museum, which is about another 1/2 mile. It is also walking distance from the historic Market St. district.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kent P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corning, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your stay with us at the Staybridge Suites in Corning, NY. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We took a long trip this past week and started the week in Corning, NY at this hotel. First time at a Staybridge Suites for us - would stay again! It was easy to find (a bit hard to get to the parking lot at night) - we were arriving late and I had called the hotel to let them know. No problems - we checked in with no issues. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast selections were many - something for everyone to enjoy. The lay-out was a bit confusing and quite stuffy with all the people eating at the same time - could have been laid out differently. We were able to walk to the Corning Glass Museum, which was great. I would stay at this hotel again! Strongly encourage everyone else too, as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corning, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and thanks for the advice on the breakfast area.

NY, NY
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed in room 204 for one night during the Labor Day weekend. The room was nicely appointed and spacious but the loud motor that ran the elevator was easily heard through the walls as it was adjacent to the closet/bathroom area. Fortunately, there are few late night partygoers in Corning so we did not hear the elevator after 11 pm. Shortly before 7:30 am, we were awoken by the motor as folks were heading down to breakfast. The only time we used the elevator was when we had to transport our luggage since the stairs were just down the hall.

It rained overnight so the seat cushions for the outdoor area were wet. This limited the amount of seating during breakfast because everyone had to sit inside. The selection of food was okay and the staff was scrambling to keep everything stocked. Hot oatmeal was the first item to run out and the instant version in a paper pouch was provided instead.

The hotel entrance is on your left after passing by the Corning Welcome Center's Parking lot (our GPS said it was on the right). The shuttle from the Welcome Center will take you to the front entrance of the Corning Museum and into Rockwell Museum in the Historic District.

Evening snacks are provided to guests who stay during the weeknights. Housekeeping is not usually provided on weekends so hang up your towels if you plan to re-use them.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the elevator bank
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us. I apologize for the noise from the elevator. It is a design flaw that we continue to to try to correct.

I hope that you enjoyed your time visiting Corning.

Washington, DC
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a great experience with this hotel. It was convenient to the road, spacious, clean, and the free hot buffet breakfast was good. We booked a 2 bedroom suite with one queen bed in one room and 2 double beds in the other room for our family of 4. Our daughters were excited to have their own room, the own beds and their own bathroom. Having 2 bathrooms was especially nice and made getting ready in the morning much nicer than most hotels were you are trying to share the same bathroom. There was also a small living space in the middle of the room with a kitchen including a full-sized fridge. We only stayed one night but would have been very comfortable there for a longer stay. We were on the end room, so no noise complaints like some of the other reviewers.

Room Tip: Our room at the end of the hallway was quiet and also easy access to the rear door for bringing lugg...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kent P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corning, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Our two bedroom suites are unique in this area and are a great benefit for people traveling with their families. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your time with us.

Corning, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I will never stay here again. I am a local and just wanted to have a nice night away, relax, enjoy the pool...didn't happen. I should've just stayed home. I walked in the room and realized that they put us in an adjoining room with people next door. You can hear everything with those adjoining door rooms. Starting around 10pm we heard noises like people stomping across the floor above us. It continued, and continued, it was getting so distracting we couldn't even watch TV; obviously not able to sleep because it was so loud. We called the front desk, they said they would check it out, we heard nothing back, and the noise continued. We called again at midnight, told them that the noise never stopped and is constant. They said they went upstairs and the person above us was sleeping and that there was no one on either side. It made me feel like they didn't believe what we were telling them. They offered us a discount, or we could change rooms. Change rooms at 12:30 am?! I opted for the discount and that was a HUGE mistake. We should've just gone home. I received the bill the following morning; the room was $159 and my bill was $160! They took off 10%. I was furious. It was the worst hotel stay I've had in years and the customer service was not acceptable. Don't tell me your going to give me a discount for the constant noise for over 2 hours that was obvious that you didn't believe and not give me a discount. I would never, ever report constant, distracting, loud, noise above me if it wasn't true. I paid full price for that room tax free.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brooke D
Kent P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corning, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for writing about your stay with us. I am sorry that your stay was less than enjoyable. We do take all noise complaints very seriously. In all noise complaints we call the suspected room as well as walk the area where the noise is reported. Unfortunately, at the time we were unable to locate where the noise was coming from.

I am sorry that the discount that you were given was not sufficient. I will work with my team on some more training to ensure that the discounts they are offering are appropriate.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 22, 2013

we stayed at this hotel on a family trip in 2008 and decided to return in 2013 for a family trip in the same area. everything about this hotel was wonderful . clean, spacious, friendly, convenient, comfortable etc etc.

Room Tip: there are several choices of room size...ask for options
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kent P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Corning, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for the review and for choosing us to stay with on your return to the area. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

607-936-7800
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads

Been to Staybridge Suites Corning? Share your experiences!