“The food is nothing special.”
Review of Spencer's Restaurant - CLOSED

Spencer's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Corning, New York
“The food is nothing special.”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I've ate here a few times and never ended up with anything I couldn't have made at home better. I'm no chef, it's just that the meals have no imagination or skill put into them. It's typical Mom's dinner type of food served kind of bland with ordinary service in a romantic setting. I love chicken and biscuits and have ordered this more than once and last time I got two bone pieces in it and a hard, way overcooked piece of chicken on top of bland potatoes with bland sauce. The restaurant is pretty inside, but I think the meals are meant for a senior audience with salt/sugar/fat restrictions. The outdoor seating is a plus on a nice day, however, it is about two blocks from the Denison Park sewage treatment facility, so sometimes you can smell that a little. Overall, I wouldn't say "don't go", but keep the expectations right for the type of food.

• Visited February 2014

Painted Post, New York
“food isnt that good”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

They market themselves as good home cooked food and that's exactly what it is. Good. Not great the food is in my opinion has never been great but never been too bad.

It comes down to this... Spencer's serves a lot of comfort food. Nothing I have ever had has been great but nothing has been horrible either When you order you know exactly what you'll be getting and you probably won't be disappointing. Great for kids. In fact this is the type of restaurant that you'll end up finding the inedible green garnish leaf on most of their entrees. Who still puts that on a dish really???? There menu is huge I wish they would cut some of it out and work on making less dishes and make a few really good! The mashed potatoes & roast beef, chicken & biscuits, and fried chicken are pretty good. However I had the Chicken Marsala which was awful guess I should of known its not an Italian place. All in all its a ok mom and pops place stick to the comfort items on the menu and you should be good!

Take out costs an extra one dollar just and FYI.

• Visited May 2014
“Good home-cooked food. Great value”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Solid home cooking with most things on the menu good or very good. Prices reasonable. Trout is the best thing they make so get it if you like fish.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Useronetwo
Corning, New York
“Our favorite place for price, taste and atmosphere and budget.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our favorite place to go in Corning. Sandy and Jody are welcoming and this place never has to change. Great food. Macaroni n cheese, amazing.. Coleslaw, fabulous. Fish fry , excellent, prime rib, just that prime. The cost , reasonable and not breath raking when you get the bill. FAMILY is important to them and they always show it. Spaghetti sauce, much better that a market street old time favorite to others. Try it out.

Bath, New York
“revist of restaurant!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

we went back to Spencers on sat. night.we were very pleased with the quality of our food and Sandy(our waiteress) was excellent.. I know sometimes u can get a bad meal and bad service but u need to give them a second chance. THUMBS UP FOR THIS RESTAURANT.....