“The Perfect end to very busy days”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Walnut & Pine
Description: Two unique dining experiences; choose from our lounge side with bar menu and entrees available or choose the full fine-dining experience in our dining room. Features 40 wines by the glass kept in climate controlled cuvinee system or over 100 by the bottle. We offer gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options on our tapas and entree menus.
Columbus, Ohio
“The Perfect end to very busy days”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I stayed at the Radisson down the street from the Cellar for a couple of days. I like to try new restaurants and had not been to the Cellar. Not only did I completely savour my dinner the first night, I went back the next night. My only dissapointment was that I don't live in Corning so I could visit often. The menu was fabulous...so creative without being out in left field. Chef Michael came out to talk with us and it is clear he is a man with passion for what he does. My only comment is that I wish the apple dessert had nutmeg/cinnamon/cloves/vanilla in the batter but it was still delicious! Although I really loved everything, the brussels sprouts, pumpkin ravioli, and the steak were my favorite.

• Visited January 2011

Jamestown, New York
“Funky and kewl - would go back again when in Corning”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Friday night was fun and interesting. The place was easy to find and in a sweet downtown area. A delightful glass of wine and some tapas provided a delicious dining option. The place is efficient and the food is fresh. Don't miss it ....

New York City, New York
“Great food but stupendously bad acoustics”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We ate there last night after a wonderful drive upstate from Manhattan, and we were quite hungry. The bartender was wonderful, so we stayed at the bar for dinner. The seats were comfy and the bar very nice. We ordered 6 or 7 tapas and the food was truly superb. Do not miss the opportunity to order the sliders. The goat cheese and baked garlic were fabulous, too. Not to mention the tempura. We had our tapas and three drinks and the bill was a third of what we would have paid at home, partially because we got there before 7p and could order tapas at 1/2 price. :-) The only real problem was the acoustics. The sounds emanating from tables on the other side of the restaurant were not dampened at all. On the contrary, they were amplified by the cavernous interior of the bar/restaurant. If that sort of thing bothers you, I would recommend going early rather than late. On the night we were there, a ery nice crowd of people was there. Not a super young crowd. More 30s to 50s.

Toronto
“My new favourite in Corning”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Was in Corning earlier this week for business, and tried The Cellar based on Tripadvisor reviews. The wine and food were both excellent, and the only item that was not outstanding was the margarita pizza (though even that was passable). Prices were very reasonable for the quality, and service was friendly and attentive. I'll be back!

1 Thank Lisa_and_Steve
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Wish we lived closer!”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I had not read reviews of The Cellar before eating there and it was a fortunate stroll down West Market Street that brought us in. We hit right in the middle of Happy Hour, but it was not overly crowded. They had $5 martini specials and half price on select tapas so we dove in. Our waiter, Emmett, was prompt and didn't write anything down (also got everything exactly right) and made sure to let us know the specials before we opened the menu. We ordered five different tapas, two of which were specials, and they also quickly began to arrive at our table. The nice thing was that they didn't bring all at the same time so we could eat at a leisurely pace. The chef even came out to our table to find out how we enjoyed the duck eggroll because it was the first one he served. Both wonton wrapper and cabbage were perfectly crispy and the duck was tender. It was served with a honey-sriracha dipping sauce that was a skillful balance of sweet and spicy. We also got dessert - Apple Fritters - which was the crowning finish on our meal. With the relaxing atmosphere, great service and delicious food we will definitely eat here again on our next visit to Corning.

1 Thank ladybugg_0280