“Great food”
Review of The Three Birds

The Three Birds
Reserve with OpenTable
The Three Birds is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 69 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great place to eat in Corning. It is very warm and inviting. The menu has something for everyone. The wait staff was attentive and friendly, but not intrusive. My husband had steak. He swore it was one of the best he's ever had. I had the salmon which was tasty as well. Nice selection of Finger Lakes winery choices. They also have rooms for special occasions. I thought the price was very reasonable for the value.

There are newer reviews for The Three Birds

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our server was very friendly and our wine, dinner and dessert were all excellent. The best meal was the rack of lamb, delicious. The restaurant itself is a little old and dark, but we had a great table right in the window.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I just had the worst meal I have had in years at this restaurant. I sent the portobello mushroom stack back because it was very vinegary and was inedible. I chose something else, crab cake entree, which was way too salty - there is no way a chef has tasted this food before serving it. Felt sorry for the waitress, she voided the stack and my beer, the service was the only nice thing about the place.

Flutterby222, Owner at The Three Birds, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Three Birds strives to create a relaxed dining experience with knowledgeable, professional service, and consistent quality cuisine. We obviously did not fulfill these goals during your visit. Our culinary team creates all entrees "a la minute" and prides themselves on assembling these dishes with fresh ingredients and a consistent flavor. We have shared your comments with the entire staff and ensure you that this will not happen again. Three Birds is in its tenth year and we can only continue to improve and grow with feedback, both positive and negative. Thank you for your review and we hope we will see you again to offer you a true Three Birds experience.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Terrific food, fabulous bread, wonderful service in a lovely atmosphere in the middle of Corning, NY's main street.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant for a romantic evening dinner. The restaurant is good for couples because it has low lightning, isn't overly loud, and offers a wide variety of drink types (wine, liquor, mixed). Our waitress was also great...she always made sure our drinks were filled and took our orders properly and promptly. The only reason I'm giving this review 4 out of 5 is because I ordered Pork for dinner and it was really salty. I know pork is naturally salty but I thought maybe they could have added something to better counter the saltiness of it. My boyfriend also mentioned that though the restaurant looked fancy and was more formal rather than casual, there was cheap-looking plastic furniture near the restrooms and that kind of tainted the "upscale" quality of the restaurant. Overall, I would say this is a very good restaurant and I would go there again.

1  Thank Karen Z