“Elegant digs, terrific food, great service - touch crowded”
Review of The Three Birds

The Three Birds
Reserve with OpenTable
The Three Birds is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Not cheap ($70 for two with no ETOH) but superb food, attentive wait staff and very eclectic menu options. Only down side is the cramped dining area - no privacy and tables are so close that you're a part of your neighbor's conversations. Could not get a live human on the phone either.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Probably the best restaurant in Corning. There's some competition now, and this is not a cheap place (figure $50/per person), but the food is excellent, well prepared. We've been there a variety of times, and they are consistently good. Well worth a visit if you're in Corning and have the budget.

1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was in Corning for business and my host suggested The Three Birds. The menu was very interesting but I wanted my meal prepared without extra oil or salt. The waiter and chef were very accommodating, and the food was excellent. Some other restaurants give me a hard time if I ask that a dish be prepared without extra oil or salt. I also found the atmosphere to be very pleasant and relaxing.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

A large group of us descended on this restaurant on a Wednesday night and had a terrific time. The staff are great; before we even had our food we were enjoying our interactions with the waitress and sushi guy. And then we got sushi...no routine maki rolls here. Even if you don't like raw fish the descriptions are pure entertainment. We wolfed down our selections..very good quality. My colleagues had stuffed flounder, lobster, steak..it was all excellent. We were surprised at first about how full the restaurant was on a Wednesday, but it was clear why after the first bites.
Our experience with the menu is that things are generally high calorie, lots of butter and dairy. It would help if they were slightly more diet conscious.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Nice atmosphere. Dinner was elegant, tasted great, and served well.