“Excellent food, atmosphere”
Review of The Three Birds

The Three Birds
Reserve with OpenTable
The Three Birds is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2011

After walking the length of Market Street I chose this restaurant and I'm glad I did! I started with the Three Birds Harbor Fish Soup. It was wonderful. It had a nice, rich flavor. I also had the pan seared diver scallops. A bit steep pricewise, but well worth it! They were perfectly flavored. The curry was present without being overpowering. The scallops themselves were tender and juicy. I finished it off with a chocolate mousse dessert that was to die for! I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Good service.

Entrées like Honey-Roasted Pecan Crusted Pork Tenderloin and Oven Roasted New Zealand Rack of Lamb were very good.

The Toasted Corn and Chesapeake Crab Cake wasn't great, a bit burned.

Also the dessert with chocolate was far from how the server described it.

In short, if you stick to the entrées it seems you'll be satisfied.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We went to The Three Birds this past weekend while in Corning for the Wineglass Marathon. We arrived at 4:20pm and there was only one other table seated in the restaurant-- despite this being a busy weekend, the restaurant was far from busy. The first impression was not good, as we walked in and no one greeted us. After standing around for 5 min. that bar tender finally came over and seated us. A waitress then brought the wine list and the full-dinner menu. I had seen on the web site that there was an early bird menu, and I asked for the early bird menu. The waitress grumbled that she didn't know if they were doing that today and walked away. A few minutes later she came back and slapped the early bird menus on the table without a word and walked off. So far, we haven't seen any customer service. She did warm up after we ordered a bottle of wine and appetizers and was very pleasant the rest of the evening. But that first impression does linger.

Our food was very good. We started with the corn and crabcake appetizer which was excellent. My husband ordered the diver scallops which was also excellent. I ordered the 7oz steak which was good. I give the food a very high rating.

All the tables had little white paper tents announcing that the restaurant was participating in the Wineglass marathon challenge. The challenge is something several local businesses participate in with the funds being given to local social service organization. The Three Birds would donate 30 cents from each meal to the local service organization. How stingy can you get?! Our check came to $88 without tip, which means that they donated 0.06% of our tab to charity.

Our overall impression was: service needs improvement, food is excellent, restaurant could be a lot more generours!

3  Thank Tecalli
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Great choice if you are in Corning. Food was great, very nice choices, service excellent!
We were 4 over 60 ladies enjoying a quick visit from our busy lives.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

stopped by for wine and appetizers - great crab cakes. food is probably good but wasn't hungry enough for a full meal. worth visiting