“How could they cook Salmon horrible ? Losbter Bisque goes wrong ?”
Review of Tony R's

Tony R's
Ranked #13 of 71 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2010

We went to Tony R's on Feb 26, 2010. I had Losbter bisque and it was extremely SALTY ! How could a restaurant cook this soup wrong ? Then the main course Roasted Salmon with Balsamic glaze. Fancy restaurant like Tony R's should not make this dish so horrible ! Sadly to say that I would not recommend this fancy restaurant to anyone. I agree with one of the comment that fast food restaurant like Chili's is better.

2  Thank themhd

Reviewed February 18, 2010

My wife and I went here Feb 13 (the saturday before Valentine's day) expecting to treat ourselves to a nice dinner. We made reservations later in the day so that we could hit Market Street afterwards.

The service was slow and our server was running around like she was spread over way too many tables. The place wasn't even full - we were seated upstairs and I could see at least 2 tables that had no one seated through our entire drawn out meal. There were two parties sitting near us though, and through them we started hearing about food not being available. We heard servers tell the people around us that they were out of Ginger Ale, Bread, and a certain steak. Which explains why our server never returned with the bread she said she'd be right back with. The whole experience felt like Tony R was trying to milk as much money out of the weekend as he could without paying much out, and hadn't ordered enough food or kept enough staff on hand.

We ordered the Valentine's special for two, a four course meal. The salad was ok. The soup seemed like they threw some soy sauce and onions in a stock. It took forever to get our main course - lobster tail and steak - and when we got it, it has obviously been overcooked (we ordered medium well, this was beyond well done and burned over portions of it) and left sitting for quite some time. The dessert was a couple truffles, sugar cookies, and two strawberries that were so unripened they were white, dipped in chocolate. For all this and a glass of wine for each of us, we paid over $175. I ended up tipping our server the standard rate, which pained me because the service was so bad, because I decided I couldn't punish her for what was obviously bad planning on her boss' part.

To make a long story short, unless you have a couple hundred dollars that you don't mind throwing away on food that is better done at Chili's or Red Lobster, don't go to Tony R's.

7  Thank DerekEP
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I live in Corning and if I ever need to take guests out for a fine dinning experience it won't be here. The service is slow, the hostesses don't know a thing, and the menu has yet to change since opening. Let's spice it up a little bit Tony, we need new things, can only eat so much steak.

3  Thank jer62m
Reviewed August 21, 2009

After several trips to Tony R's, it's clear they just can't get the service formula right. Long waits for drinks, wait staff that disappears, a hostess that seems out of touch with the needs of diners. While we've had some good meals (with a waiter who's no longer there), our last dinner was a disaster with a waitress who asked for our order with a curt "Go". Food is always good, but for the price, I expect good food and good service.

1  Thank travellerhb
Reviewed July 8, 2009

When I went here it was their grand opening. We did not wait for a table we sat up front near the bar. The place is absolutely gorgeous, definately sets the mood for a good date. I would definately recommend dressing up as to not feel out of place. I had a fruitta dimare dish that was very very good. Next time i return i will be getting that. My other half had a large steak and he also gave great reviews. Took a bit for the food but with the bread and salads and stuff, you didn't really notice. The server was good but had a few kinks to work out which was expected due to it being opening day and all. one thing that bothered me through dinner was our table was wobbly. one thing i couldnt stand. will return

1  Thank lovinlife01