“Never again”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I live in Corning and if I ever need to take guests out for a fine dinning experience it won't be here. The service is slow, the hostesses don't know a thing, and the menu has yet to change since opening. Let's spice it up a little bit Tony, we need new things, can only eat so much steak.

3  Thank jer62m

Reviewed August 21, 2009

After several trips to Tony R's, it's clear they just can't get the service formula right. Long waits for drinks, wait staff that disappears, a hostess that seems out of touch with the needs of diners. While we've had some good meals (with a waiter who's no longer there), our last dinner was a disaster with a waitress who asked for our order with a curt "Go". Food is always good, but for the price, I expect good food and good service.

1  Thank travellerhb
Reviewed July 8, 2009

When I went here it was their grand opening. We did not wait for a table we sat up front near the bar. The place is absolutely gorgeous, definately sets the mood for a good date. I would definately recommend dressing up as to not feel out of place. I had a fruitta dimare dish that was very very good. Next time i return i will be getting that. My other half had a large steak and he also gave great reviews. Took a bit for the food but with the bread and salads and stuff, you didn't really notice. The server was good but had a few kinks to work out which was expected due to it being opening day and all. one thing that bothered me through dinner was our table was wobbly. one thing i couldnt stand. will return

1  Thank lovinlife01
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Nice dark steakhouse atmosphere. Service excellent and attentive. Food v good. No prime rib except on Saturdays. With a few glasses of wine, dessert, and tip+ $100+. I'd go back but have fewer a la carte items that skyrocket the tab (example:baked potato $6-7).

1  Thank cowtown1
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Have been to some of the greate steakhouse across the country, and I was wonderfully suprised by Tony R's. Service at the bar was attentive, but not overbearing. The bartender was happy to get us seated for dinner although we had no reservations, it was a Saturday night and the LPGA was in town. The waitress made an excellent wine recommendation to accompany and did not push us toward the upper price range either. The service was a bit slower than I am accustomed to, but I attribute that to the fact we were in Corning, not New York City. Regardless, it was fine because it allowed dinner to progress at a leisurely pace, and for the most part, the food was worth the wait. We had the Baked Brie that was divine, and my date had the lamb chops, which she had no complaints about. The porterhouse I ordered was cooked to order (medium rare), but it probably could have used more aging, since it laced a bit in flavor. The creamed spinach was not too creamy, and thus suffered a little in flavor. The salads were run-of-the-mill, but all portions were very generous, and alas we had no room for dessert.

Price-wise, compared to cosmopolitan steakhouses, this place is a bargain and a half!! I would certainly recommend Tony R's to anyone and everyone without hesitation. I can not wait to return to Corning!