“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Having read some of the reviews I was skeptical of Tony R's value. I could not have been more wrong. My wife and I wandered in for lunch as our original choice was closed. Had a great lunch and decided to come back for dinner since it was within walking distance of our hotel. The atmosphere is wonderful here, nice linen table cloths, roomy, piano player on the weekends. Dinner was an even better experience. We went to the bar first and had a cocktail, it was great to see a manhatten and classic martini's on the martini list in addition to the usual list of sweet "martini's".The piano player was upstairs but we heard him just fine even though we dined downstairs.Upstairs is very nice but there was a private party with 120 people upstairs . For starters we ordered the crab leg app, they were awesome, already split in two and easy to eat. My wife had the risotto of the day which was asparagus and came with a snapper filet. I ordered the catch of the day which was halibut with a black bean salsa over rice. Both fish dishes were excellent. I am not a big fish eater so this was a good experience for me. The prices are a little on the high side but not outrageous and you definitely get your money's worth here. I was amazed at how good our service was knowing there was a large party dining upstairs and the downstairs was pretty full.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went to Tony R's for our anniversary last February.....we both ordered A Delmonico steak... and a loaded Baked Potato, salad etc....the service was great, the steak was delicious but the loaded baked potato had large scoop of butter & no sourcream... I asked where the sour cream was & our nice waiter said 'I could not find any"... oh well it was good anyway.. I just found that odd especially on a Saturday night.. We enjoyed our night out & would return but hopefully they will have the sourcream this time cause a Loaded Baked Potato just isn't loaded without the sourcream! PS I am hopeing they will check out my note in case we return for our next anniversary in February!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food was average in an old bank which is beautiful but the lighting is really awful ceiling low energy bulbs.

1  Thank Spool
Reviewed November 17, 2012

OK - I have read the hype and the not so positives about this place. Husband and I finally made our way there for a dinner. When we first walked in and were greeted by hostesses - I felt as though they were a bit pretentious - seemed more like snobby cheerleader stereotype versus elegant - but o.k. We were escorted to a table and our server was nice enough - but honestly we received better service from the waitress waiting on the table next to ours - we had ordered the bruschetta - which by the way is excellent and a meal in and of itself - and she brought us some sauce to have with it and then went out of her way to make conversation and offer services.

Onto the food - which in our estimation was excellent. I ordered the chicken ceaser salad - which by the way is enough to serve and Army escpecially if you have ordered an appetizer like we did. Husband ordered the pork chop - which again is an extremely large portion size. Because we had ordered the bruschetta and ate way too much of that - we did not eat much of our dinner as we were no longer hungry. But, the next day when we ate our dinner for lunch - the food was very good.

The atmosphere is nice - classy - but there is a slight air that they are trying to be on the 'snobby' side - as long as they stay classy and not snobby we will return and definitely request the waitress that conversed with us and assisted us even though she did not have us as her customer.

2  Thank tigtink
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Recently I had dinner with a few friends and while the food was delicious, the service was horrible. We had to ask for our drinks to be delivered, we had to ask for the bread basket to be returned to the table once the meal was delivered, we had to ask to order more drinks. The final straw was our take out containers were shorted of our food. We paid the bill, walked down the street and had dessert and drinks at another restaurant who treated us well. I've written a letter to the owners of Tony R's - depending on how they respond will determine if I ever go there again.

2  Thank Mommacat41