“Beautiful spot”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Wow. This restaurant is really a gem in the Finger Lakes region. I frequently recommend it to visitors/travelers. The atmosphere is relaxing and warm. My husband and I went on a weeknight once and we were basically the only ones there, it was actually really nice to avoid the busy crowds of the weekends. Our waitress was exceptional. Food was delicious and desserts, incredible. It's definitely one of the pricier menus in the area, but well worth it. I would highly recommend Tony R's. Overall fantastic.

1  Thank Steven F
There are newer reviews for Tony R's

Reviewed January 16, 2012

This place is outstanding. I've been twice in the last 6 mths and it was excllent both times. Plan to spend a little cash because its not your run of the mill franchised steak house. If you are there with someone special, consider reserving their wine vault room. Very romantic!!

2  Thank kym72
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Very nice atmosphere. Excellent food! I've only ever gone for lunch and it's pretty swanky in here. Dress up and look nice if you can. The french dip sandwich with ajou is my absolute favorite. I come back often just for this sandwich in fact. The calamari is excellent too!

1  Thank cjlsandme
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Taking the recommendation of a local resident, my wife and I decided to visit Tony R's to escape the 2011 Festival of Lights parade. We had no reservations but were seated immediately; most likely due to the parade going on outside. Our waitress was attentive but not over-bearing. The menu is extensive. I went right for the filet mignon. Our salad was very nice containing a mixture of greens and homemade dressing. My steak was, and I rarely use this word, superb. Beware of the sides though! Your entree comes with a side vegetable. Ours were served with steamed seasoned green beans which I found quite tasty. But as many before us, we ordered additional sides thinking our meat portion was being served alone. The sides are portioned for two or more so they can be shared. I ordered the hand-cut fries. They were remarkable - the truffle oil gives them a very unique flavor! But two of us could not finish them. My wife order the grilled seasonal vegetables and received a portion that could have fed a small family. Truly one of the most delicious dinners I've had in a restaurant in a long time. This restaurant is definitely not a place for kids though. Meals are prepared when ordered so don't expect food on the table right after you sit down. It is a quiet, relaxing atmosphere that lends itself to a leisurely dining experience. Positively a "special occasion" restaurant.

2  Thank RevRaz
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Two Canadians taking a chance in Corning NewYork, we asked a couple of guys on the street where to have a good meal.Wow, they were not wrong! A superb dinner of Filet Oscar served with pride by Kim at Tony R's was our reward. It was a classy, tasty and generous meal, the meat so tender that we did not need the steak knives provided. Our only regret was that we ate a little bread before the main course and got very full as a result. Somehow we will mange to come back some day...but in the meantime, all you lucky people, ENJOY!!! and say hi for us. Alex and Hilary

4  Thank HIlary C