“Awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holmes' Plate
Ranked #21 of 67 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Upscale Family-Friendly Pub awarded The Best Burger in Upstate NY by Life in the Finger Lakes Magazine, voted a destination restaurant by AAA of Western NY and The Best BBQ in the Southern Tier of NY State by Gannet/USA Today. 18 Craft/Micro Brewed Beer Draft System. 中国的菜单。
Lancaster, PA
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

We have made it a point to stop at Holmes Plate every year when taking our boys to camp - both to and from. The food has been excellent and there is always something new and unique to try. This trip is was the Atlantic Char, slow roasted Sirloin and the HOMEMADE DESSERTS! It's amazing how big a difference it is to be homemade - try the key lime mousse or cheesecake - yum! And - bonus this year - live music with a group called Black and Blues - we had a such a great time that we left way later than we should have for our long drive home. This is the place to go when in Corning. We have thought about trying other place but keep coming back as everything has been excellent.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Burlington, VT
“Best Ribs in the Crystal City!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2008

My family and I have had the opportunity to eat at Holmes' Plate on several different occasions. Every time we go we are pleasantly surprised. We go for the ribs, but everything on the menu is so delicious (you've got to try their home-made french fries) we make sure our trips to Niagara Falls include a stop-over at Holmes' Plate in Corning. The quality and the quantity of the food is amazing. It is obvious they use only the freshest ingredients. I highly recommend Holmes' Plate. There is a sign at Holmes' Plate that says, "The best ribs in the Crystal City." You know, I believe they are right.

Corning, NY
“I was actually their first ever customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

I only had a burger and fries - BUT (and thats a big but) it was so good that the next evening I went back with my family.

The ribs were great - I had another variation on burger and the desserts were heaven.

It's nice to see a new place open up and hit the ground running. Recently I have noticed in the summer months they open the large glass windows at the front of the restaurant so you can enjoy a semi-al-fresco dining experience.