“Great casual restaurant”

Holmes' Plate
Ranked #25 of 71 Restaurants in Corning
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Upscale Family-Friendly Pub awarded The Best Burger in Upstate NY by Life in the Finger Lakes Magazine, voted a destination restaurant by AAA of Western NY and The Best BBQ in the Southern Tier of NY State by Gannet/USA Today. 18 Craft/Micro Brewed Beer Draft System. 中国的菜单。
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a great local restaurant. I suggest the "Carolina Burger", a hamburg with pulled pork and coleslaw on top!! Sweet potato fries are good also.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was my third or fourth experience eating at this restaurant. On at least two previous occasions the service was slow and there was glass and plastic in my food. When I complained I was given new food, not a discount. But, it had been a year, so I thought I would give it another shot for lunch. The menu looked great, but was pricey. I ordered the pear walnut salad. The price was $8.95 for a small salad, which did NOT include chicken. Thus, I ordered the small salad for lunch. Over 30 minutes later, the salad came out on a SIDE SALAD plate. I asked the waitress if this was the small version or a side salad. She confirmed it was the small. I said "This is not a $9 salad, this is a side salad. This is ridiculous." I am not one to complain about food, portion size, etc. Just not in my nature. However, I felt completely scammed by this. She took the salad back to the kitchen. Another 10 minutes later she brought out a huge salad, which basically had the toppings from the small one placed onto a large bed of lettuce. I was so disappointed and dissatisfied. The pear that was sliced on top was not even ripe and was hard to chew. Overall, this experience has sealed the deal. I will not be returning to this restaurant again.

4  Thank MollyLyn
Reviewed June 25, 2014

If you love burgers (or meat for that matter) made the way you want, this is the place to go. Every trip to Watkins Glen includes a trip to Corning for the burgers at 54. If I want a burger rare, they make it rare. Still cool in the middle! And seared perfectly on the outside. This is the only restaurant I've been to where they actually make the burger the way I order it. The burgers are juicy and the homemade chips are awesome. Very nice atmosphere and friendly staff too.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I love visiting this restaurant for many reasons. One of my reasons I love this place is because it's on Market Street among the various shops and cafes that are all full of life and character. Another reason I love eating here is because of the great variety of food on the menu. Any kind of burger you could imagine; many kids options; even great varieties of desserts! My third reason I love this place is because of the atmosphere inside. During summer months, the windows are completely open, giving the space an airy-outdoor feeling. Also in the restaurant is tablecloths made to color on! Even providing crayons, Holmes' Plate encourages creativity which is a nice touch!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

If you like burgers you will love this place they have a huge selection of custom burgers. It is my favorite place for burgers in the Corning-Elmira area. If they came with fries instead of chips I would give it 5 stars! The decor is pretty cool some might not like it but do. The owner is there alot and always comes around and asks how it was.

The Hp54 Loaded Nachos are amazing the fried chips with pulled pork, chili, melted cheddar, jalapenos, sour cream and salsa on them are great. I do which they were more generous on the size but not bad still! Its my favorite appetizer! I have a had a number of their burgers like the Western,smoked briscuit sandwich, the black & blue, Carolina and Tex-Mex to name a few and I haven't had one I didnt like yet. I have had a few of the salads they are ok but nothing special. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves burgers!! It is a must stop if you are in the area