“OK”

Holmes' Plate
Ranked #27 of 67 Restaurants in Corning
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Upscale Family-Friendly Pub awarded The Best Burger in Upstate NY by Life in the Finger Lakes Magazine, voted a destination restaurant by AAA of Western NY and The Best BBQ in the Southern Tier of NY State by Gannet/USA Today. 18 Craft/Micro Brewed Beer Draft System. 中国的菜单。
Rochester, NY
“OK”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I see the reviews of this place range all over the place. That was kind of my reaction. Things were just a little uneven in food and service. Everyone was cheerful and polite and some of out dishes were great; others not so much.

Generally OK food (burgers, wraps, pulled pork,,,, check their web site), and a nice bar decor. I would not avoid them next time I'm in Corning, but I think I might try some place else.

1 Thank HimselfNY

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Burgers and Beer”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Holmes' Plate is a bar and restaurant on Market Street in Corning. I was impressed by the draft beer selection which included Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, a top notch beer that I rarely find in draft. The burgers are hand made with excellent accompaniments. We enjoyed the blue cheese and bacon burger which was grilled properly to medium rare as requested and served on a very good bun. Sweet potato fries were also clearly hand made. The waitress offered us honey to go with the sweet potato fries but we enjoyed them just lightly salted. Service was friendly and responsive. The atmosphere is basic bar. Prices are quite reasonable given the quality. Definitely a great place for burgers and beer.

Finger Lakes, New York
“Loved it, everything great, music and trivia too, bonus”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to Holmes plate Feb. 2 , late lunch. We had the BBQ for 2 and soup and chili. I had the crab soup it was very tasty,my husband had the chili , it was more than enough and I think he realized he wouldn't be able to finish his dinner because the chili was huge. We also had the dinner for two which came with a nice fresh salad. The dinner arrived and it was a huge bbq whole chicken , delicious corn bread, tasty fries, with TWO side, yummy cole slaw and tasty baked beans. You would think you were down south and not in Corning, NY. The only thing I think needs improving is the skin on the bbq should be crispy. Go there you won't be dissapointed.

Corning, New York
“Good lunch specials”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I always feel like the food here is a little over priced with the exception of the lunch specials. They usually have a $5.10 ;lunch special and it's usually good. Their live music is good sometimes as well. Either way, they do a good business and the staff is friendly.

Visited November 2012
“no thanks”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

mediocre food. waitress didnt know beers. no toilet paper in either bathroom stall. rip off on beer prices.

5 Thank tallteach