“Great place to unwind”

Holmes' Plate
Ranked #24 of 71 Restaurants in Corning
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Upscale Family-Friendly Pub awarded The Best Burger in Upstate NY by Life in the Finger Lakes Magazine, voted a destination restaurant by AAA of Western NY and The Best BBQ in the Southern Tier of NY State by Gannet/USA Today. 18 Craft/Micro Brewed Beer Draft System. 中国的菜单。
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This casual diner has a great atmosphere in a turn of the last century building. The windows open to the street. The food is good, honest, but not fancy. The service friendly and helpful and the prices reasonable. There is often local music on weekends.

1  Thank TiredCanadian

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The food is always good here and they have a great selection of beers!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I was visiting a friend of mine who lives near Corning and we went to Market St to check out some shops. We stopped at Holmes Plate because the menu on the window looked good. Looks can be deceiving. We both ordered Cokes and the waitress brought us light brown water, which was explained to us when she returned 10 min later, that the syrup machine malfunctioned. That's fine, it happens, then she asked if we'd mind cans- sure no problem. Then 10 min after that she returned to tell us there was only 1 can of Coke left, but brought 1 can of Diet Coke to the table w a dirty top of the can. To eat, I ordered a crock of their chili to go w my sandwich because they bragged about it having 23 ingredients- only ingredient missing was flavor! Wouldn't recommend but was glad I paid the extra $.50 each for sour cream and cheddar. Our waitress tried her best but I would not return or recommend.

5  Thank veda2
Reviewed February 22, 2012

went with my wife after work one night, the food was good enough, but i thought the menu was a bit limited. the service was ok, but nothing special. there are better places in town to eat. prices are fair.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I was in Corning over my college break in between semesters. My friends and I wanted to go out one more time together before we were separated again for several months. We decided to a BBQ and Beer night so we went to the Holmes Plate. Let me start by first saying that it was a Tuesday night and it took almost 40 minutes for the waitress to bring our food. After occupying our time with over priced, watered down drinks, we all were already very irritated by the time our food arrived. I ordered a chicken marsala that was almost thirty dollars and not even worth five. The chicken came out extremely raw and was drowning in soggy spinach. The only thing I could taste was the herb that they used to season the dish with, but that might be because I was turned off immediately by the rawness of my chicken. Second, we all decided to try to salvage the night by getting black out drunk, but even that was not possible. Paying 5 dollars for watered down shots is no way to have a good night out. My advice to anyone who goes to Corning is to NOT go to this place. It's a dive. 54 thumbs down!!!!

2  Thank 386Brian22