Review of Mama's

Mama's
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Copiague
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mama's strives to give you the best possible food and service. We are committed to quality, value, and your complete satisfaction. Every day we start fresh by making our soups, salad dressings, and sauces from scratch. We will always do our best to accommodate special request to ensure we prepare your meal just the way you like it.
Long Island, NY
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The food was very fresh, very good, and portions were large. Whether you get pasta or fish, each meal is authentic and delicious. Staff was pleasant and friendly, prices were reasonable. Desserts were also very fresh and portions large.

• Visited February 2014

Bay Shore, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This restaurant surprises you. It's not fancy but the food is very good and the portions are good sized. Staff was pleasant and attentive. Only drank beer so I can not comment on the drinks/bar service. Desserts were fresh as well.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Carmine A
Melville, New York
“Not good!!!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I just ordered take out and was disappointed at what I ordered. I ordered 2 chopped salads and two soups for $39.00. The salads were not chopped and just 4 pieces of mozzarella on it with a couple other things. Definitely not worth the money. When I called to complain about the salads the manager told me to bring them in. I leave a good 20 min away. I made a special trip to Mama's because in the past the food was good. I was not spending another 45 min in the car. If this is the customer service they are providing I will never go back nor will I recommend them to anyone. In fact I will pass along my experience to the people I know that do go there.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Ann C
Lindenhurst, New York
“Gold Standard”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Well, what can be said when describing your favorite Pizza Joint? Hard to be impartial... I judge pizza a few ways, if I'm close enough to bring it home and lucky enough to have extra- the big test is the cold/ next day test. Very few pizzas stand up to this test. While most pizza is pretty fine hot and fresh, only real "food" pizza is good enough to grab in the morning right out of the box or fridge. By food pizza I mean a really bread like crust and enough of everything else that matters to make it worth having. By bread like I don't mean thick. It's all about complexity of the dough. Flour and water gives up quick. Mama's pie is actually better cold sometimes. My all time fave is the Grandma pie with meat. There's always three or four left over and by the next day they're gone. They also have so many wild specialty pies you could go crazy in there! I just saw a pie with ravioli on it. I'll be back!

• Visited November 2013
Long Island, NY
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family and friends have been coming here for years. The food really is good. The fresh garlic knots are amazing. The chicken francese, one of our favorites, is delicious. Fettuccini alfredo is great too. The fried calamari can be hit or miss.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you happen to be in the area. It is located in a strip mall, which isn't necessarily appealing, but inside is very nicely decorated.
The prices might be a little high, but they used to have special nights. For example Wednesday used to be pasta night with great prices. I'm pretty sure they still do them. If you do go on those nights be warned there was always a wait.

• Visited July 2013