“We stay at the nasty hotel never stay here”

Days Inn Long Island/Copiague
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Copiague
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Never Ever stay at this place .the first room they tried to give me smelled like a dead body !!
the next room was a little better but not much .. it still had this nasty smell we could not wait until the sun came up so could get out of this nasty place .. They call this place Days inn ..it should me called Nightmare Inn ,,,, I will never use a days inn again ...

Room Tip: If for some reason you stay here Don't sleep in room 219 ..it smelled like a dead body
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I just did an overnight here to attend a funeral on the island. Good price. Breakfast was fine though coffee was weak. Owners did NOT like anyone taking breakfast back to the room even though space in the breakfast nook was tight. Bathroom clean as were the sheets and bed was pretty comfy for an inexpensive room but the room itself STUNK and when I left the next day I had to smother my clothes with perfume because they STUNK too, even those tucked away in my suitcase. And I am not talking just a little smell but one that others noticed. In fact a friend popped over to the room to chance and she wouldn't stay because of the smell. Would never stay here again and will recommend to my company that they remove it from the list of acceptable hotels (that is how I found this hotel).

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking or non-smelling or just find another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
sillpatel, General Manager at Days Inn Long Island/Copiague, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We are extremely apologies for any in convenience in a such a time when you came in we are very
Sorry for that your stay was not at your expectation . Thank you for your in put we will do our best
That it will we then care properly
I m so sorry for your inconvenience

Reviewed July 5, 2012

when i arrived my reservation was wrong . i had asked for a non smoking room and was given what had seemed to have been smoked in room . i was changed into another room right next to my first one and although the smell wasn't as bad it also had the presence of smoke. i have pictures of a completely unhooked bed frame , tears in the bed sheets and in mattress , and a huge stain on bed. sheets did not look properly washed. door frames and postings did not looked maintained and very hazardous. there was also a picture taken of the bathroom mirror which was also falling off. when i brought these concerns to the front desk , i was told nothing could be done . the breakfast was stale and not maintained as it should have been. if you offer breakfast from 6 to 10 then it should be kept up on through the entire time . also for a lack of knowledge in your staff on how to check in it was unprofessional and in a lack of courteousness to feel as though i was making there job harder by asking for split payment on my room . i have worked in this field for several years and know these systems offer easy solutions to checking in a guest with these same concerns and your staff member did not know anything about it. you rate your hotel by TripAdvisor with 3.5 stars but i felt this was misleading and was told by your staff "every one will have there own opinion ", this was an un called for reaction. i payed $123 for a $50 service . and i will be sharing these concerns with wyndham

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank yoli1218
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We were staying overnight after attending a wedding on the island. The hotel provided our basic needs at a reasonable price given the other places we checked in the area.

Breakfast was included. Breakfast nook was small, but food offerings, including make your own waffles were tasty.

Bathroom has been remodeled with nice granite tiles all around and good workmanship.

Back behind a store on one side and local neighborhood on the other. It was nice an quiet.

Large local fruit market just across main street and several other stores very close by.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mbotos
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for one night and we had a very nice experience.
The room was big and clean. The bathroom was newly renovated and everything worked. We have asked for a crib which has waited for us in the room with sheets (no extra charge). Breakfast was good and fresh. The owners were very nice. Definitely somewhere I would saty again if I’m in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank adventix
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here in February and thought this place was a fluke -- everything sparkling clean, good breakfast, quiet, safe. Followed the directions exactly and found it on the first try. Was there again this week and it's not a fluke, it's a great and inexpensive place to stay on Long Island. Personnel very welcoming and everything works. WiFi a bit weak but I was in a room on opposite end of building from office. Hard wire fine. What more does a biz traveler need? Only reason not rated a "5" is lack of luxury but again, not something I need while on the road. Will go again.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor on office end of building. First floor okay, but 2nd bettter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2012

It began with check-in. We drove from North Carolina (about 13 hours in the car) to be there for my sister's wedding in nearby Lindenhurst. It was conveniently located behind two warehouses and on the other side of a wall at the end of dead-end 34th Street, which is its address. Upon arrival we were obviously tired of being in a car and ready to relax for a few before lunch. Arriving at 1pm, we were quickly informed that check-ins are 3pm and later. But to our surprise as well, they had no record of my father's reservation, which was already paid through the Days Inn website. The attendant at the front desk, who we find out is the manager, starts yelling and arguing with my father saying that he must have booked it incorrectly through Expedia. He never used Expedia, only Days Inn. He finally finds our reservation, but in the name of my fiancee, which was labeled as a guest under his name, but it apparently had been mixed up to have her name for the reservation. That means they need her credit card, and she does not own one. The manager now states that he can do nothing because it was our fault and he needs her credit card and not my father's. Keep in mind, though, this is already paid with my father's card months prior. What can we do? We are 600 miles from home and are being told we can't stay there because of a name mix-up. He finally tells us to come back in a few hours and he will have it fixed...a few hours? I have been up for 2 days! I do not want to go away...and to where? So we finally leave him and go eat lunch, finding an excellent brand-new Japanese and Sushi Restaurant.

When we return, he says that my fiancee will just need to sign the consent form and my father can in fact leave his card. Okay, now we are getting better. But then we get to our actually nice, clean room, thinking all is behind us, but the bathroom light does not function. We call the front desk and the same man comes up to "fix it" by twisting the fixture and banging on it. "That should do," he said. Nice.

On Sunday we return from the wedding to find that a bag of souvenirs from the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island ($200 worth) that we wanted to bring back for the nieces and nephews is now missing. We go to the front desk again and guess who is there....and guess what he says. "I have people that have worked for me for 10 years here and they are very honest. They would not do that." Okay then, who? All I know is there was a large bag of items there before and now there is not. He tells me he will speak to the staff and make sure, then call me later. Okay, he was not there later in the day or when we checked-out on Monday morning. I am still waiting on that call 3 weeks later. No one recollects that incident when you call.

Between the yelling at my father, the theft, and the service, I do not recommend this hotel, even for the reasonable price for Long Island.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank turtleunc07
sillpatel, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Long Island/Copiague, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

We are sincerely apologies for any inconvenience that you have to go thru if we may is their any way we can make up please let us know and we also would like to offer you a10% discount on your next visit .
Sincerely
Mgmt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Copiague
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
Best Western Bar Harbour Inn
#1 of 1 in Massapequa Park
Extended Stay America - Long Island - Melville
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Courtyard Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale

Been to Days Inn Long Island/Copiague? Share your experiences!