“A gem of a B&B...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Main Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a gem of a B&B in a gem of a town. The innkeepers, Ron and Susie Streek, are as welcoming and attentive as any we have encountered, perhaps the best we have enjoyed meeting. Our room was a bit on the small side but perfectly cozy with an extremely comfortable queen bed. And our room had the largest bathroom with double sinks and a shower/tub combination, which we prefer. There are two other rooms, one having a king bed and more spacious; the other has a queen with good space as well. Both have smaller bathrooms with showers.

Our room, and the inn as a whole, was very neat and impeccably clean. We were welcome to enjoy the living room which we did for a little while each evening. Susie's delicious breakfast is served between 8 and 9 AM, and we certainly didn't leave the table hungry. The off street parking was a convenience, although we visited midweek and parking would not have been a problem. It's only a two or three block walk into the main part of town so unless you plan to explore further around the lake, there is no need to move your car.

We can't say enough about how welcomed we felt when we entered the Main Street B&B. Susie and Ron seem to genuinely enjoy meeting their guests and welcoming them into their home. We never once felt like we were in a stranger's house...it felt almost like home. We also liked that the owners resided in the house. That is not always the case with all B&B's. We highly recommend the Main Street B&B for those who enjoy a smaller, more intimate B&B experience. With only three rooms, it is a quiet and restful place to stay and where service with a smile abounds. We would stay there again should we ever go back to Cooperstown, without hesitation!

Room Tip: Our room had a large bath with double sinks and tub/shower combo.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ks12

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were traveling to Cooperstown to see my son and daughter in law who recently moved there, and decided to try Main St. B&B as our first B&B experience. We are usually hotel goers - always staying where there is a pool and fitness room, but there didn't seem to be those options in the immediate area.

From the first phone call to make the reservations to the hugs goodbye as we left, we were very impressed with the warmth and hospitality of both Ron and Susie.

They run a delightful, charming, clean, neat and quaint B&B just up from the downtown business area. We had a street facing room which was very quiet - as they had insulated the windows from both cold and noise. Speaking of cold, we came back to our room around 11 p.m. and found a small space heater on and the room pleasantly warm, which was a great touch as we had been outside in 27 degree weather!! The bed was turned down and the night light on waiting for our arrival. What a welcome home!

We had requested a room with a firm mattress and upon arrival that afternoon, were offered to 'test' the one we would prefer - that does not happen in a large chain hotel! We chose the front facing queen bedroom and it came complete with an in room bathroom/shower. We slept like babies that night and woke refreshed the next morning. The towels were soft and the shower clean and upgraded.

The next morning we were greeted with the smell of a delicious breakfast that was very inviting. Upon arrival in the dining room, we were offered fresh fruit while we waited for the french toast to be served. I usually don't indulge in such treats, but from the presentation to the aroma to the taste, how could I not! It was fantastic!!

We will definitely stay there again if in the area and have recommended this B&B to everyone we have spoken to since.

Final words - Friendly, but not intrusive. Great food and variety. Super coffee. Clean. Comfy firm bed.

Thank you Ron and Susie!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KST921
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ron & Susan, owners of the Main Street Bed and Breakfast, provide excellent service, a wonderful breakfast, and beautiful, clean bedrooms for your stay in Cooperstown.

Tip: Book early. Certain weekends/events in Cooperstown can have Main B&B booked solid without an early reservation. Prices vary per season and the events taking place in town.

This B & B is located within walking distance to downtown - leave your car parked at the B & B. Street parking and lot parking is available. I parked on the street many times staying here and had no problem.

There are three different bedrooms to rent with your own private bathroom in each room. Bedrooms have hardwood floor with floor rugs.

Breakfast is served between 8 and 9am, and Susan is a wonderful cook. I have always enjoyed her dishes.

They provide you a front door key to enter the house after "closing" time, and you are also provided a key to your bedroom.

This B & B is not handicap accessible - all bedrooms are on the second floor. Stairs wrap around and are only wide enough for those who may need to use crutches or a cane.

This is an old Victorian style home, decorated beautifully providing you a warm welcome during your stay in Cooperstown.

I have stayed here twice, and I highly recommend the Main Street B & B.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlannaB490
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was the first time I ever stayed at a B&B and it turned out to be the perfect choice for my two night stay in Cooperstown! Ron and Susie are charming hosts - they made me feel immediately at home and not at all like I was staying in a stranger's home! Their inn is impeccably decorated and super clean - the photos do not do it justice. The full breakfast is amazing. My room was lovely and extremely comfortable. I was happy to find an in-room bathroom. Suzie is one of the sweetest people I've had the pleasure meeting and she did all she could to make my stay enjoyable. For example, my first morning there, she was concerned that I might be chilly while waiting for breakfast, so she brought me a cup of tea and a shawl. Also, I completely forgot to mention that I was allergic to cheese until I found out she was making a dish for breakfast that had cheese in it - despite my insistence that she not go to any extra trouble, she whipped me up a plain omelet, bacon, and an English muffin with some amazing homemade blueberry jam - it was a quickly put together breakfast fit for a queen! It was little details like these that made me so very happy I chose Main Street B&B for my accommodations while in Cooperstown! A lovely inn and wonderful hosts --- couldn't ask for more! I'm only concerned that my first B&B experience has set the bar so high that any others I may stay at in the future will have a difficult time meeting my new expectations! I highly recommend this B&B for anyone looking to stay in Cooperstown.

Room Tip: The Queen Anne room was lovely, quiet, and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed a couple nights, in a very comfortable bed and fairly large bedroom. The breakfast was excellent and filling. Can't beat the location; 5 min walk to the Baseball Hall of Fame. The house is beautiful with off street parking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our 1st time at a B&B and we loved it! Suzy was an excellent host and a great cook. The location was perfect and the house is lovely.....highly recommend this beautiful place.
Off street parking.....right on Main street. Took a beautiful boat ride on the Otsega Lake would recommend that also.....plenty of restaurants to choose from. Lots of gift shops......
Mr. Snuffy Wuffy made the whole experience just perfect.............

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was our first stay and will not be the last. From the moment we walked in the front door, we were made to feel at home, Susie and Ron were the most gracious hosts and made us feel like family. Our room was lovely, as well as immaculate. We look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple