“Baseball Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
Cleveland, Ohio
“Baseball Hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was the greatest hotel I've ever stayed at. You can't get any better with a hotel like this. I stayed in the luxury suite with my family and it was worth every penny. Great breakfast in the morning and then cookies and lemonade in the afternoon. It was also a short walk to the Baseball hall of fame and all the shops and restaurants. Great Hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
IAC-Owner, Owner at The Inn at Cooperstown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of The Inn at Cooperstown. The luxury suite is a perfect accommodation for families and we’re very glad that you agree. Thanks again for all of your compliments on the inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed one week night while vacationing. The staff was very friendly and took time to give us a tour of the home upon checking in. Our room was a standard and the bed was very comfortable and large bathroom. AC and free internet worked great. Really enjoyed the large porch with the rockers and afternoon cookies with lemonade and ice tea! Within walking distance to the lake, Baseball Hall of Fame as well as historical locations. Breakfast was fresh and delicious and staff took the time to chat with each guest and offer suggestions for the day. My only complaint would be the water at the inn. It had a rather swampy smell, they could use a whole house water filter.

Room Tip: Rooms are small so ask if you need more than just a bed and chair.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IAC-Owner, Owner at The Inn at Cooperstown, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We truly appreciate your comments and compliments on the inn and our staff. Thanks so very much for taking the time to write a review.

The inn's water supply comes directly from the village water system. This is the same system that supplies water to all of the businesses and residences within the village limits. To be honest with you this is the first time we have had a comment on our water quality. The inn does have a water softening system which is serviced annually. Based on your comment we have checked that system and it is functioning normally.
Michigan
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on a recent trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame and would definitely return to the same hotel if we were in Cooperstown again. The location is great - just a block off of Main Street and only a couple of blocks from the Hall of Fame, Doubleday Field, etc. Check-in was a breeze and we were given a quick tour of the property and invited to have cookies and lemonade on the porch. Room was spacious and beautifully appointed, with a very large bathroom. We were on the 3rd floor and there are no elevators, so pack light or plan accordingly! Breakfast the next morning was fantastic - quiche, muffins, fruit salad, yogurt, granola, cereals, juices, etc. We were able to leave our car in the Inn's lot while we went to the HoF, another great aspect of this hotel. All in all, we were very happy and, as I said in opening, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevators, so plan accordingly.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IAC-Owner, Owner at The Inn at Cooperstown, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay at the inn. We truly appreciate it. While our historic hotel does not have an elevator, our staff is happy to assist with luggage to and from the guest rooms.
Ontario
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We travelled to Cooperstown to visit the National Baseball Hall of Fame and booked a room at the The Inn at Cooperstown for a two-night stay. When we checked in, the front desk clerk kindly carried our bags to the 3rd floor room. We were quite disappointed in the size of the room and the lack of a seating area. After a discussion with Vicky at the front desk, we were moved to a larger room (27?) on the 2nd floor. Vicky arranged for an additional chair to be brought in so that we had a spot to sit and relax. The room was beautifully appointed and very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was great (shower only). The Inn serves a good expanded continental breakfast and has coffee, tea, lemonade and iced tea available throughout the day. The Inn is right in the centre of town and accessible to shopping, restaurants and the Hall of Fame. There are no phones or TVs in the guest rooms but we did not miss either. There is wireless internet available and a tv in the main lounge. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Inn without hesitation. Cooperstown is a lovely, lovely town and we would happily have stayed longer. Thanks again to Vicky for her help!

Room Tip: Make sure that you check out the size of the room when making your reservation. It's nice to be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane_BOntario
Hi Jane, we're so glad you enjoyed your visit to Cooperstown and your stay at the inn. Thanks for your kind words and compliments on our front desk staff member, Vicky. We're glad to know that she was able to provide you with one of our Classic rooms. Due to the historic nature of the inn, a few guest rooms are a bit smaller than others. We do sell the smaller rooms, known as Standard rooms, at a lower nightly rate than our Classic rooms. Thanks again for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here 10 years ago and they still had my name on file for this visit! Had an early arrival and the desk maiden made a special effort to check and make sure I could get my room right away. I could and it was spic and span and the bathroom was spotless and well appointed. The towels were robust and the sheets had that snap of clean and pressed percale. Did not need to use the A/C as the windows being open did the trick with a nice breeze. I was on the 3rd floor and we walked up [I am not sure if they had an elevator somewhere on the premises, but you might ask, and if not, request a room on 1st or 2nd floor]. My room had a queen bed and an extra twin bed that I did not need since I was alone on this visit. The porch/veranda outside had rocking chairs and ice tea/lemonade and a full cookie jar so one could kick back and enjoy a nice day. The TV was in a central room downstairs [none in the room] and I did not stay for breakfast due to an early departure around 0530. The cost of the room is a little higher than I would ordinarily pay but the hotel is just around the corner from the BB Hall of Fame and I was visiting there, so with my previous experience with this bed and breakfast I wanted to stay here. They are very accommodating and nice folks. I would stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hi Mike, 10 years is a long time and we sure do apprciate the fact that you decided to stay at the inn for your return visit to Cooperstown. Thanks so much for your detailed and thoughtful review.
New York
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at The Inn at Cooperstown, and the first with our 6 year old daughter. We stayed in room 24 the 6th - 9th of July 2012. The room was perfect in every way. Perfect sleeping situation for my husband and myself, and a small bed for our daughter. The accessories may seem small, but made an impression. One of the cleanest places we have ever stayed. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. They had wonderful restaurant advice and ideas for what to do in town for a family. The breakfast is plentiful and delicious. A perfect distance from Main Street but not too close.

Room Tip: Call to discuss your specific needs and you will be happy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We truly appreciate hearing from repeat guests. Thanks for taking the time to write a family-oriented review. We're so glad the accomodations were a great fit for all three of you and that our staff was able to provide you with top-notch customer service. Thanks again!
Southwest
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I loved this place! Very clean, which is VERY important to me. Beds nice and comfy, shower ammenities useful, clean fluffy towels and nice big windows to open during the night! The breakfasts were so delicious, however I'd recommend a little more variety. Staff was so friendly and the location is perfect, it's within walking distance of museums and restaurants. I hope to go back one of these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank luvtoCancun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#5 of 16 in Cooperstown
Landmark Inn
Landmark Inn
#1 of 29 in Cooperstown

Been to The Inn at Cooperstown? Share your experiences!