“A Little Taste of Heaven”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Cooperstown
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I was very surprised to read the prior negative review because I had the exact opposite reaction. Usually staying in time-share condos or standard hotel suites, I found the 2-bedroom apartment where we stayed for a week to be a lovely taste of someone’s home. The suite was tastefully decorated with attractive furniture that was comfortable (including the beds – a king in one room and two full in the second). Beautifully handmade quilts adorned the beds and gave it a rustic, colonial feel. It was fully equipped with all amenities (wireless Internet, TV in each bedroom in addition to living area) and the kitchen had little surprise touches (crackers, salt and pepper, spices etc). The two bedrooms were dark, but that made it ideal for sleeping (isn’t that what bedrooms are for?). I most enjoyed sitting at the window while dining in, and marveling at the beauty of the picturesque, breathtaking valley view. The close proximity to the town made it easily accessible to run in for a quick activity. The suites were a home away from home and I look forward to visiting Gateway again in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2010

The Gateway Inn and Suites is a terrible place to stay. The room was dark, musty and the furniture was something left over from a bad garage sale. The bed had no support and had to be at least 50 years old. The room smelled like an old barn. The outside lighting was virtually non-existent and definitely not safe. There was no internet access and cell phones did not work there.

As per a previous reviewer's comments, the Innkeeper bad-mouthed all the people coming to Cooperstown for Dreams Park baseball. However, they jack up their rates by more than 100% during the summer to gouge them. I guess they never heard the saying about biting the hand that feeds you.

You are much better off paying a little more at established chain hotel/motel. At least you have modern conveniences and won't have to worry about Norman stopping by for a late night visit....

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank ecpillpusher
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Gateway Inn and Suites was a great alternative to other lodging options in the area. Gateway Inn and Suites provided a relaxing, quiet, country feel to our vacation. Our room was decorated just right to compliment Gateway's rural location. In comparison to the prices we saw elsewhere in town, Gateway surpassed all in value. The welcoming owners proved to be well informed and provided us with dining recommendations which were spot-on. Our room was clean and neat. A great place to stay if you're travelling to Coopertown.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My fiance, son and I stayed at gateway inn and suites in a house style suite. It was not only beautiful it was very budget friendly. There was a large yard with areas for different sports, very nice for children. The owners were very acomidating. They were always available for assistance and even helped us find fun places to take our son. I would deffinately stay there again.

Thank you Gateway Inn and Suites!

Reviewed July 29, 2010

After a weary day of travelling with our pooch, we were guided to the Gateway Inn & Suites (because we had a dog) and what we found was just wonderful. Clean rooms, great hospitality, lush green surroundings, a wonderful relaxing pool and they allowed pets. The suite had everything you could want, it was crispy clean, had a full working kitchen, large screen t.v. , king size bed, just great accommodations. The staff at the Inn was very helpful with directions to area attractions. Whenever my husband and I, and the pooch, travel again to Cooperstown, we know we will have a great place to stay. I would recommend this Inn to anybody travelling to Cooperstown, with or without the pooch.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

When we met the owners they were both kind but after listening to them badmouth Cooperstown accomodations and the "crazy baseball moms" we should have known it was red flag. The owner was completely rude the second day and we were harassed at 6am on why we had more than one vehicle parked in the front of the house. We were told by the owner upon check in we could have up to 4 couples over to visit this proved to be untrue. I could not sleep in my room due to the awful smell of what we though was cat urine. However we moved the chair out from the wall and found it to be covered in mold! Yes mold from the air conditioner!!!!! (the bedrooms are the ONLY place that has small air conditioning units) I took photos and I will be reporting this to Cooperstown the Better Bus Bur. etc. The kitchen was filthy - I pulled out two pans to cook on both in which were covered in food. The shower was not cleaned once while we were there, the towels were old and musty, there were BUGS everywhere. Terrible stay. I would not recommend this to anyone. The inn keepers are completely misleading and two of the rudest and unkind people I have ever met. In fact the message left on my husbands voicemail stated that they were "disappointed to drive by this morning and see more than one vehicle parked in the driveway" Sorry Gateway inn but YOU WERE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO US!!! To topo the entire thing off we were over charged. She quoted us 199 a night we recieved a receipt with a hand written amount and the lower price scratched out. She stated sorry my husband mis quoted and charged our card for the higher amount. When we questioned her she basically didnt budge and we ended up paying more than quoted - I will be disputing this as soon as i get home. Beware - not the place for family - and definitely misleading.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
9  Thank wheetiebug
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Went to Ctown with four high school friends....have been trying to get everybody for several years and finally succeeded......flew into Albany from Chicago, rented van for the five of us, and went on to Ctown for our visit.....woke the owners for assistance in finding Inn because we had arrived so late.....we had three rooms (two in a room) and one single.....upon arrival and our opening the door we were elated....a big living room with a large screen TB, a PC, and the bedrooms were beyond our wildest expectations. Each room had a phone, bath, tv, and comfortable beds....the guys all said that I had made a great find. We also had access to a full kitchen and all the other items offered......it was a truly great place to stay and our hosts were fantastic.

I have been meaning to write a review for the longest time.....I would recommend staying at the Inn not just for the value but for the graciousness and hospitality of the owners.....thank you very much

Lee Hirsch
Lombard, IL

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
1 mi away
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#9 of 17 in Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites Milford/Cooperstown

Been to Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown? Share your experiences!