I was very surprised to read the prior negative review because I had the exact opposite reaction. Usually staying in time-share condos or standard hotel suites, I found the 2-bedroom apartment where we stayed for a week to be a lovely taste of someone’s home. The suite was tastefully decorated with attractive furniture that was comfortable (including the beds – a king in one room and two full in the second). Beautifully handmade quilts adorned the beds and gave it a rustic, colonial feel. It was fully equipped with all amenities (wireless Internet, TV in each bedroom in addition to living area) and the kitchen had little surprise touches (crackers, salt and pepper, spices etc). The two bedrooms were dark, but that made it ideal for sleeping (isn’t that what bedrooms are for?). I most enjoyed sitting at the window while dining in, and marveling at the beauty of the picturesque, breathtaking valley view. The close proximity to the town made it easily accessible to run in for a quick activity. The suites were a home away from home and I look forward to visiting Gateway again in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘A short drive south of the village at County Highway 33 and Beaver Meadow Road, the Gateway Inn and Suites of Cooperstown offers rooms and suites in a variety of sizes in a country-style, park-like environment. With a swimming pool, basketball court, soccer field and other outdoor activities at economical rates, this hotel offers one of the best values in the area.’ – USA Today ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Gateway Inn And Suites Of Cooperstown
- Gateway Inn & Suites Of Cooperstown Hotel Cooperstown
- Gateway Hotel Cooperstown