The Gateway Inn and Suites is a perfect place to spend an extended period of time while visiting Cooperstown. It is located a mere 5 minutes from downtown, in a quiet country setting. The room was comfortable and very pleasant, although I must admit that the mattress did groan quite a bit...but not enough to keep my wife and I awake. I enjoyed having two rooms, which allowed my wife to do her studying while I could watch TV or use the computer. We spent our days at a leisurely pace, returning to our suite to enjoy the serenity and quietness of the country setting. Yes, we could hear our neighbors, but we didn't find it distracting. The pluses easily outweighed any negatives in my opinion. We like quaint and enjoyed the wallpaper, the carpets, and the rustic decorations throughout. We would recommend it to our friends with the above caveats, but we still feel it was a very satisfying experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘A short drive south of the village at County Highway 33 and Beaver Meadow Road, the Gateway Inn and Suites of Cooperstown offers rooms and suites in a variety of sizes in a country-style, park-like environment. With a swimming pool, basketball court, soccer field and other outdoor activities at economical rates, this hotel offers one of the best values in the area.’ – USA Today ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Gateway Inn And Suites Of Cooperstown
- Gateway Inn & Suites Of Cooperstown Hotel Cooperstown
- Gateway Hotel Cooperstown