“Great place to say when in Cooperstown area!”

and 1 more site!
The Hayden Creek Inn
Ranked #23 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
West Islip
“Great place to say when in Cooperstown area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a wonderful experience staying at the Hayden Creek Inn. The inn is charming. Gorgeous backyard. Very peaceful. The room was perfect ... breakfast was delicious... and Joe was very accommodating. My friends and I will definitely stay here again next time we're in the area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Came into Cooperstown to see the baseball hall of fame out of a whim, the inn was able to find me a room with very little notice. The rooms were spacious and decorated in a very charming manner and looked spotless, I had no problem jumping into that big bed.
Breakfast in the morning was great. the Hayden creek inn had a great selection of food the staff definitely took attention to their work. My overall experience and the Hayden creek inn was nothing but perfect. Great staff, awesome food, and very comfortable.
I WILL DEFINITELY STAY THERE IN THE FUTURE.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My son and I stayed here for five nights the week of the Hall of Fame induction in Cooperstown. I have stayed in B &B's all over the world and this was definitely one of the homiest and pleasant experiences I have ever had. Having their son Rui around makes it seem like a home away from home. The property and Inn are absolutely beautiful and the back yard is truly an oasis. My son had a blast exploring the creek and well maintained gardens. Joe's collection of autographed baseballs is really cool and seems to bring part of Cooperstown to you. I don't know what the negative reviewers were thinking in their comments but some people just like to complain. It's a B & B, not a luxury hotel. If you know the difference you just might actually have a good time and feel the warmth of a family running a business that they are truly passionate about. Cooperstown is all about quaintness and this place exudes it. John M. Bloomington, IN

• Stayed July 2012
Winchester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had a lovely time staying at this inn. It is off the beaten track, but very accessible to Cooperstown and the other things in the area, including the gorgeous lake. The room we stayed in was large and comfortable. And the grounds in the back are beautiful -- a lovely spot to sit and read by the creek.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan A
Wurtsboro, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had no other choice but to stay here since everything else was booked. Like many other reviews I read, this inn is only booked after every other room is booked within miles. Thank goodness it was only one night. The innkeeper was not friendly and as you can read by the negative reviews, he was arrogant and his sarcasm shined through. I also understand that he emails previous guests with harassing messages via the private message system through tripadvisor. The TV was at least 30 years old. The mini refegirator was unpluged so by the time it cooled down we were leaving. The cat climbed up onto the overcrowed tables which were taken by the owners as you ate breakfast. We did not stick around for long. Just got coffee and left. The bathrooms have signs all over poorly explaining how to work the outdated faucets. But don't trouble yourself to ask for help since you will have the innkeeper give you his sarcasm. They do have hard water so it difficutl to distiguish between the dirt and the stains. And yes we know the differance between hard water stains and dirt but maybe they don't. From previous reviews, this seems to be a problem. But I am sure they will blame the guest for it. It is called a water sofner!! I opted to leave all of our luggage closed due to the bugs. And yes are in the country and I have a house in the country but you need to spay ever often. My wife mentioned it to the innkeeper only to hear the reply "City people". We will never stay here again. We rather travel an additional 30 min and find a clean place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovefishing_12
Joseph M, Owner at The Hayden Creek Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
This is the second review from a couple for a one night stay. The first one is written by Ana E. Obviously this couple had a problem with me to write such an exaggerated hurtful review. You can't possibly believe any of this. Please read our 90 or so Excellent and very good reviews for something more accurate.
Saint Clairsville, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the Hayden Creek Inn at the end of July this year for 5 nights. It was my 1st stay at a bed & breakfast. I thought the room was spacious and felt like we had privacy but it was definitely not a good experience for us. The room was old-fashioned, which I had expected from the pictures but there were stains on the sheets that looked like rust. The girls would not sleep on them, so we slept on top of the comforter the whole stay. At breakfast the next morning, the large table was filled with people that had already ate but was sitting around talking. I had 2 10 year old girls with me They both sat in a rocking chair with their breakfast in their laps and I was at a small table. I had no problems with the people sitting there until I found out who the owners were. They were sitting at the table also. I did not expect guests to get up for us but did feel like the owners should have the courtesy to offer their chairs to the girls. We also had trouble with spiders in our room. I discretely mentioned it to Joe at breakfast one morning, which he said he would take care of. When we arrived back that day, the spiders were gone but they were back again during the night. Also, the shower had little water pressure which I figured it was due to the house being old but on one morning I got in the shower, water was spewing out from the area where it connects. I thought it came loose, so I reached up to tighten it and the thing fell apart. I left it for Joe and he did have a new one on upon the time we were back in the room. The worse part of the stay for me was the fact that in order to conserve energy, as suggested by the note in the room, we used the same towels for a few days. When we were ready for clean towels, we left the dirty ones in the floor, as suggested. After arriving back at the end of this day, after being in the heat at baseball games all day, there was no towels left for us, just one little hand towel. All 3 of us took our showers shaking dry, patting dry with our one hand towel. I tried to get a hold of the owners that night with no success. I left a note and had towels that next morning. This is my first review I have ever written on a business and I would not have done so if it wasn’t for the fact that I had later contacted Joe to discuss the issues we had. He was not at all nice about it and did not once offer an apology. He did offer me $100 off my bill if I would not write a review which I had never mentioned. That seemed to be all that he was concerned with too. There was never an apology or mention of what he would do to make things better. Well Joe, good customer service goes a long way. Most of these issues were mistakes that a heartfelt apology would of made a big difference and at least of prevented this review.

Room Tip: Bring bug spray and towels!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank crystara
Joseph M, Owner at The Hayden Creek Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
She never mentioned a problem with the sheets while she was there. I can only take the spiders out of the room, cant keep them from coming back in. The guest broke the shower head by pulling down on it, I replaced it right away. I can't tell guests to leave the breakfast table you just need to have patience , there's plenty of other seating. A table with a fold out leaf that seats four or two couches and four comfortable lounge chairs, look at he pictures of our sun room. This guest hated her stay so much that after four nights she added another night to her stay. This guest only had a problem with her stay three weeks prior when, I quote "she received the bill on her card in the mail" She realized she had to actually pay for her vacation and decided to try and get the bill knocked down. Hayden Creek Inn, Full Breakfast reserve now. 201.952.9152
North Scituate, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our family made a quick visit to Cooperstown on the way back from Niagara Falls. The room for the four of us was spacious. Our host, Joe, was wonderful. The Inn was clean and comfy. We spent one evening in the dining room playing cards. The creek that runs behind the house was full of crayfish that my children had fun catching and releasing. Of the 3 hotels we stayed in during our vacation, this was our absolute favorite. We will definitely vacation here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Lake Front Hotel
#1 of 4 in Richfield Springs
Fountain View Motel
Fountain View Motel
#3 of 4 in Richfield Springs

Been to The Hayden Creek Inn? Share your experiences!