“A MUST STOP IN THE AREA”
Review of T.J.'s Place - CLOSED

T.J.'s Place
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A MUST STOP IN THE AREA”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We always stop here for breakfast, even if we are offered breakfast in our hotel. Great ambiance
and we never had a complaint about the food, good portions for the price. Our recent stop 10/2012, our waitress Barb went above and beyond our expectations...Great food, great feel, great location and most of all great service, whats not to love.

Williamstown, New York
“Good food for the price”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Arrived in Cooperstown around lunch (after tourist season) and it looked like a nice local place. Many choices available from light to full heavy meals at reasonable prices. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area which was helpful.
We all had something different and we thought each was good-the only reason for a 4 instead of 5 was it wasn't that busy but took too long for what we ordered.

Visited October 2012
Clifton Park, New York, United States
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went to Cooperstown for our anniversary and had lunch at TJ's. Bread was baked on premises and the turkey was real turkey not the deli stuff. The owner came out a chatted with us for a while and wished us a happy anniversary.

Antwerp, New York
“Second time around, still a solid diner for a good meal.”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Having been here before, we knew what T.J.'s offered, and weren't disappointed.
T.J.'s goes with the baseball motif of Cooperstown, featuring sports mementos and many baseball themed goods for sale. Take the time to peruse the wall of famous people who have eaten at T.J.'s through the years, from Dom DeLuise to Billy Joel.
For supper, two in our party ordered the hot turkey sandwich, and were rewarded with a pile of real turkey on T.J.'s homemade bread with gravy. They substituted T.J.'s fries for the usual mashed. My wife wasn't very hungry, so she ordered the club sandwich, and was allowed to substitute ham for the turkey. I ordered the prime rib special, and got a nice sized piece of meat for $15.99. The outside crust had a scrumptious peppery coating on it. My only minor gripe is that where I live, it usually comes with some au jus to dunk in. And I got a side of that awesome homemade bread!
I also have to mention that the sodas come in a monstrous cup! A very good supper in a relaxed atmosphere, with even the NASCAR Nationwide race on the big screen.
My wife and I decided to also have our breakfast the next morning at T.J.'s and weren't sorry at all. She ordered eggs and ham. Her eggs came out exactly as she ordered, "sunny and runny" and her order came with some sweet looking potatoes.
I ordered the french toast. What a treat this was, made out of the homemade bread, and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Another winner of a meal at T.J.'s

tallahassee
“Should have clued in when we were one of two tables in the place.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Where do I start. When you read all the terrible reviews about how bad the service is.....believe it!!! Our waitress seemed almost mad that we were there. However the food was the worst part of it. I got a New York strip that was the toughest piece of meat I have ever had. I honestly think they cooled it in the microwave. They brought it out on a plate with blood running out all under the peas. Wow this was disgusting!!!

To bad you can't get less than a 1!!!

1 Thank VacationManReview