“Tjs is not the place for good food.”
Review of T.J.'s Place - CLOSED

T.J.'s Place
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 21, 2007

Ordered burgers and fries and some chicken fingers for the kids. Well the burgers were so undercooked you would think they were on the grill for 3 min or so. When asked to send it back they were not happy about it. (some high school girl) Raw meat in the middle of a burger is healthy???? When the burgers were returned they were well over done and seems like they were full of grease. Were they tossed into the frylaytor?

The chicken fingers were dry and the fries were old ! very old! We were never asked again how the food was.The owner was walking grumpy and walking around talking to some customers, all he did was complain about the people who live in the area. Mr. full of himself.

Not sure what peoples quality of life is outside work but I hope they cook better at home

We heres the good part, yes they did charge 18% on top of the bill because we had 7 people in the party. 3 were under 7 years old. Unreal. Real family resturaunt.

What a dive, I wouldnt send anyone there. If you go bring lots of tums. You will need them

7  Thank batboy3

Reviewed October 10, 2007

If you walk into this place, be sure to hear all the locals who laugh at you for eating here.

6  Thank Tilburger
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I can't comment on lunch or dinner but this is my favorite place for breakfast in the village. Quick, friendly service and reasonable prices. The french toast made with their homemade bread is especially good!

1  Thank pha1226
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Just a warning, the portion sizes are HUGE. The menu does say something about the portions being for "healthy appetites" but I assumed that meant for people who are trying to eat well. I didn't realize it meant for big oversize meals! Our family of 4 could have very easily shared 1, maybe 2, meals. The lasagne order was an entire plate of lasagne!

Food isn't very good, as well, although I don't think this is the type of place you go for good food - it is mainly for the experience. We were sitting beside some old timer Hall of Fame guy (I don't follow baseball, but my husband knew who it was) and other ex-baseball people were apparently around. We were there during the 2007 Hall of Fame Induction weekend.

It was extremely busy and service was very slow (but friendly) but that was to be expected with the size of the crowds.

2  Thank clamc40
Reviewed May 25, 2007

Havent eaten here in years, but excellent is far from the experience i had, the burger was so greasy that the bun was totaly soaked through and falling apart, the fries were cold, no one elses meal that i went with was good either, i took one bite and was done

4  Thank cooperstowncouple