“Best meal we had in Cooperstown”

Hawkeye Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband, Mother and I visited Cooperstown this past week and went to the Hawkeye Bar & Grill our very first night based on recommendations from the B&B we were staying at. Despite a rocky start when we arrived without reservations and were made to feel a little like pariahs, our evening was very nice and the food was very good.
As numerous people on Trip Advisor have said, the Otesaga Resort is a gorgeous spot and on a warm summer's eve, THE place to be is outside on their patio overlooking the lake. Do make reservations if you don't want to be disappointed.
The special Wednesday night was the Prime Rib Dinner for $21.95. DEElicious! Cooked pretty close to perfection and a generous plate that also included lovely spears of asparagus and carrot, a baked potato and Yorkshire pudding. My Mom had the Salmon with wild rice which she also really enjoyed.
We ate in a few restaurants over the course of the two days and the Hawkeye Bar & Grill was the best meal we had.

1  Thank Janet1016

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had dinner here twice during recent visit to Otesaga Resort. The food is very good and just shy of excellent. The service was very, very good. There was a minimal wait provided you made reservations in advance. The view from the outdoor seating, overlooking the lake, is just spectacular. We had a variety of foods - seafood, pork chops, kids meals - and liked it all. The wine list was fine and desserts, while limited in selection, all tasted great. Highly recommend dining here and will certainly be back when in Cooperstown again.

1  Thank Alan G
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After a long day at the Baseball HOF we treated ourselves to dinner at the Hawkeye. An entrance from the parking lot of the Otesaga Resort Hotel leads you down a long corridor adorned with photographs of the early days of the hotel. The dining area is lined with dark rich wood and carpeted as well. We chose to eat indoors due to the late hour but outdoor seating facing the lake is available. Service was initially slow and our drinks took awhile to arrive but our server was very apologetic. The coconut shrimp appetizer was quite tasty and our entrees--chicken for my wife, salmon for me--came in ample portions; the chicken appeared to have more bone than meat. Noise level indoor was moderate due to large two dinner parties seated nearby. The Hawkeye was a nice dining experience, well worth an anniversary celebration!

1  Thank YkrsNative
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Hawkeye is the restaurant in the Otsego Hotel. My nephew and I stopped for a late lunch. Their quiche reminded me of a souffle, nice and light. The accompanying salad was average. Judging from how fast the burger and fries disappeared, I would say my nephew was favorable impressed. Both looked good.
There is great outside seating overlooking Lake Otsego but the inside is nice and cool.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

When they seated us at the corner of the patio right on the wall i couldn't believe it! Front row seats to the changing colors of the hills, boats on the water and a bride and groom setting off their hot air balloon. The fire pit bar was amazing, too. Great food, service and attention to detail. And, not expensive.