“Great place to bring your family!”

Cooperstown B and B
Ranked #20 of 28 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and 3 children loved staying here. My son loved looking at the team pins and baseball cards while talking with John and Linda. Both daughters enjoyed playing the piano and singing with Linda. My children wished for snow so we couldn't leave. The breakfast and snacks were yummy and endless. The room was clean. Both John and Linda were accommodating and helpful to ensure a good time for all. We will definitly be back!!!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I look for several things in a B&B: the outside appearance, the bedroom, the common sitting area, additional features such as balconies, etc. and the breakfast. While I don't have to have owners who are cordial and friendly it is a plus. Well Cooperstown B&B met all my criteria to the "nth" degree and when you add the hospitality, friendliness and just "down home attitude" of John and Linda you just can't beat it! We have stayed in many B&B's across the country and this is my number one favorite ever! John was so helpful with filling us in on upstate New York as well as Cooperstown, and Linda's breakfasts were not overly fancy but were just plain fantastic. When I left there I felt I had stayed with friends! It is highly recommended by me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I reserved two nights here as a surprise birthday gift for my boyfriend. Linda and John worked with me to keep the gift a secret, sending a gift certificate to my work place and calling me there so he wouldn't catch on. Once we arrived, Linda plied us with fresh baked goods, including hot chocolate chip cookies as we all gathered to watch a baseball game one night. She also kept a spread of baked goods, fruit, cheese and drinks out all day. When we asked about bike rentals, she and John offered to let us use their bikes for free. When we asked about kayaks, they offered their kayak (a one-seater) as well. On top of that, LInda keeps up with special events in town, so she can recommend activities. The rooms were immaculate and comfortable. The house is walking distance from the lake and the Baseball Hall of Fame. It was everything I'd hoped for and more.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I enjoy coming here every year. Here's why. Linda and John make you feel welcome the moment you park your vehicle (nice size parking lot in the back). When you step into their charming home, you are overcome with a feast for the senses! There is always a bountiful array of delectable baked goods, fruit, nuts, cheese, crackers, and coffee whenever you enter the kitchen. I dare you to walk past and not grab a little something! Their home always has an aroma of something wonderful in the oven.
Now, onto the rooms. There is something for everyone, whether you are a family or a couple. No matter which room you pick, you can count on the fact that the rooms are kept very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. We always sleep so good when we come here. Also, the bathroom is stocked with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and a hair dryer.
Next, you don't have to come down to breakfast at any specific time, either. You just walk downstairs and the breakfast choices are terrific. John makes these oven-browned potatoes that are so tasty! There is bacon, waffles, pancakes, quiche, eggs made-to-order, you name it! John also makes this really good egg souffle with salsa. Mmmm!
The front porch and balcony are so relaxing, too. We love to sit on the front porch, drink our coffee and read or just watch the cars go up and down the street! There's even a quilt on the porch if it gets a little chilly.
The location is just a few blocks from the Main Street, so it's a nice walk. We enjoy going out for dinner and walking around town. Then, when we come in the door, something delicious is baking, again. What a nice feeling.
Linda and John also have wonderful ideas as to what to do, where to go, good places to eat, etc.
Go there and see for yourself. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobMar08
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My Husband, Mother and myself spent two days in Cooperstown this past week. What a lovely little town and we had the good fortune to choose the Cooperstown B&B as our home base. Linda and John are super nice people and we felt so welcome. We got two rooms, one for my Mom on the main floor so she didn't have to worry about stairs and then we chose the one on the third floor with a King Size bed for ourselves. Both rooms were just lovely and quiet and comfortable.
Linda and John are both wonderful conversationalists and Linda is the Hostess with the Mostess and keeps a table in the kitchen FULL of baked goodies, nuts, candy, granola bars, fruit, you name it, stocked all day and all evening in addition to coffee, tea and lemonade. You are free to use their beautiful front porch or sit in the parlour or in another room as you enter at the back if you want to watch some television. The place feels more like an Inn, than a B&B.
The breakfast buffet is lovely. We had a Ham and Cheese quiche the first morning and yesterday a Southern egg casserole with salsa. There was also home fries, bacon, sausage and pancakes out. Deelicious! John will also fry or scramble you up some eggs if you want something different.
You couldn't ask for more.
The Cooperstown Trolley stops right in front of their door and for $2/day you can ride all over Cooperstown to the numerous tourist spots. John and Linda will totally help you decide on a good spot to eat or an interesting venue to visit and we were sent off with a tray full of homemade baked goods for our trip home.
Lovely people, lovely home, lovely town. We're now big fans! Go Cooperstown!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet1016
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed one night in 2011. The rooms are well maintained and clean. The breakfast was more than adequate. We had an uncomfortable experience. A man came into the breakfast area - he was the brother of one of the owners - and began to espouse his political view in very loud tones. The owners did nothing to curb his talk. As a person whose political views are 180 degrees opposite his, I was extremely uncomfortable. We would never stay there again. I don't believe that in settings as intimate as a B&B, that owners or their families should talk religion or politics.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CathyL53
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Linda and John love welcoming guests into their lovely home! When you arrive you are greeted by the ever present snack buffet filled with fruit, baked goods, nuts and more. The breakfast buffet is equally impressive and delicious! The location is perfect for walking to town and the Hall of Fame. The front porch or balcony are the perfect place to relax and recap the adventures of the day. Our stay could not have been better!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple