“Terrible, not recommended!”

Ranked #18 of 62 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I made reservations for my husbands birthday dinner. Last year (2012) we visited and sat outside; while the service was mediocre at best the ambience (outside) was nice.

We arrived tonight for our 7pm dinner reservation, the restaurant was not seating outside so we were seated at a table near a window in the first room past the bar. Our table was so close to the table behind us we were bumping chairs and the waiter was attempting to lean over top of me to serve.

My husband asked if they would move the space heater which was close as it was very warm. We tried moving our table forward for space which sent it off balance. We asked if we could move, moved 1 table up.

Things were a little better until tables on either side filled in and again I was so close to the other tables it was uncomfortable. There definitely needed to be less 1 table in this area.

Service was slow, food wasn't terrible but not $30p/p quality. A party of 25 showed up and took up the rest of the already cramped space. Another large space heater was added as was a table nearby the doorway making entry/exit unsafe. While there was a room nearby in the bar area completely empty that in my opinion should/could have been used for this large group.

At $95 for two people and 1 glass of wine the ambience is awful. For the price of the meal you certainly are entitled to expect something better. We spoke to the night supervisor who only apologized and made the excuse that they had a large party on this evening. We overheard another table complaining, the waiter replied their seating in the summer is better because you can sit outside. I would agree with this but also feel if the dining room was better managed the aforementioned issues wouldn't have been present.

2  Thank K2a2K

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We dined here recently after reading reviews on trip advisor but I have to say we found the whole experience decidedly average. Food was pleasant but nothing you can't get elsewhere and it seemed expensive for for what you got. Service was ok I probably wouldn't return.

1  Thank mandm298
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Recommended by TA. A little pricey, but very good. First time to eat crab cakes and very good! Service was great!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I both really enjoyed our meals at this restaurant. Our server was very friendly and the views of the lake can not be beat!

1  Thank crafts62j
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The lakeside view was great. Food was excellent. Service was good, but a little slow since the restaurant was very busy. Reservations are definitely recommended. Prices were on the expensive side.

1  Thank Mark S