See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed here in August 2010 for one night, felt like we were staying with family or friends.
Owners were welcoming, kind and informative but also allowed us "our space" which isn't always the case when staying in a B&B. Clean room & bathroom, cozy & eclectically decorated. Walking distance to Main St. Was my fiance & son's first stay in a B&B and I'm happy to report they both enjoyed it. Thank you Jean & Tom!

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed October 17, 2011

we had a wonderful family vacation in Cooperstown and we absolutely loved the hospitality and welcome we received at the Lyoncher. Breakfast was amazing and the home is really beautiful. Its indeed a home away from home.

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We stayed here last summer for the weekend for a good friend's wedding. We arrived very late and were rushing to get ready and ended up missing our trolleynto the wedding. One of the owners actually drove us to the wedding in his own car so that we wouldn't be late, he also said he wanted us to be able to enjoy ourselves without having to worry about driving home. They were so nice the entire stay and did everything possible to make sure we had a great and comfortable stay. Also, the grounds were beautiful! The rooms were very comfortable with plenty of space. Jean's quilts were also hanging everywhere and were beautiful! Overall a wonderful weekend!

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I was referred to the Lyoncher B &B by another B &B that did not have vacancy. I am so glad I did. Tom was helpful from the first moment. He gave me great directions to the B & B and I did not get lost. Once we were there, Jean greeted us warmly. It really felt like we were staying with friends. The B &B is quite quaint and feels very homey. Its very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the suite and had so much room for both my son and myself. It was nice to have the room off to the side so he could see me, but I didn't have to share. I wish I had another reason to stay another night. The Lyon's are a wealth of information about the town, places to go, activities, etc. They are a short, lovely walk from the main street where the Hall of Fame is located. Even the breakfast was yummy! They are great people and have a great home. Jean's photography and handmade quilts are sprinkled throughout the house. We really enjoyed my stay. Oh, when I got lost on the way home Tom talked me all the way to I-87!

Date of stay: September 2010
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We recently spent one night at the Lyoncher for our first visit to Cooperstown. This is a very comfortable b & b, with a charming host and hostess who are most helpful and accomodating. They gave us excellent travel advice, the location is easy walking distance to downtown and the Hall of Fame, would definitely stay here again if we are in town.

Date of stay: August 2009