“A good place to grab lunch - especially on Monday.”
Review of Batter's Up Restaurant - CLOSED

Batter's Up Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had lunch here last week during my trip to Cooperstown, I actually found the staff really accommodating- The made my lunch Gluten Free. The GF version of the ruben was actually really good. The Corned Beef was some of the nicest I've had outside the city. The cook came out and said it was from a local farmer, whoever the mysterious farmer is he or she knows how to make a really great corned beef!
Yes the place was pretty empty but it was mid winter on a Monday ( trust me if you havent been to the area on a Monday there isnt anywhere open within miles of Cooperstown to eat - I know because I looked. Drove around for 3 hours - this and the Cooperstown Diner are the only places open and from the "oh no dont go to the diner" I got from one local I asked where I could get lunch I'm guessing this is the best choice )

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went there for breakfast Saturday morning and it was pretty much empty. I am not hard to please but these guys are mailin' it in! Juice served in paper cups, picnic style salt and pepper, food was minimal and lukewarm and the service was almost nonexistent. If it is the only place available, I would still have to force myself to go back. It has a lot of potential but they don't appear to very motivated except where the prices were concerned. This is a typical tourist ripoff joint....best avoided.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Went here for breakfast on a sunday morning and should have known better when it was EMPTY. the menu is very small. Friends ordered omelets that were advertised as "overstuffed" they arrived small, made from egg beaters and filled with items that were not listed in the description. My eggs were over easy and fine. The home fries were ok. But i paid 12$ for 3 eggs that came with home fries and toast, coffee and a chocolate milk. Never again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Came in on a Saturday morning because everywhere else was packed. Wasn't expecting much and was still disappointed.
The older woman ( owner's wife maybe?) walked past and said she was grabbing menus. 5 minutes later she slung them down on the table, walked into the back, came right back out and asked if we were ready to order. We said no, and she got our drink orders. Came back with an empty glass and pointed at the drink machine,which has a sarcastic sign stating that refills aren't free so make sure to enjoy your drink. Luckily we didn't have to deal with her anymore.
A few minutes later we got a new younger man as our waiter. He was pleasant. We tried to order wings, they said they ran out the night before.He took our new order and went on his way. After waiting for a long time for our order ( as was everyone else) we finally got our food. Generic frozen/canned lunch line quality. I had never had to cut a biscuit with a knife before until that day. Fries were cooked in dirty oil. My boyfriend's cheese steak was burnt and lacking on filing. He had to condense the meat into half of the sandwich just to be able to eat it, and even then it tasted too bad. Even after the waiter saw we hadn't touched the sandwich, it still came out on the bill and we decided to cut our losses, get out, and find somewhere else to eat.

This restaurant seems like a family trying to make it work that has low quality food, and no idea how to run a restaurant.
You can save yourself some money and throw some frozen food into a Frydaddy and wait 30 minutes to eat it.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Happened upon this restaurant while driving through town to look for breakfast. Not there for any baseball stuff, just passing through. Had a window seat, service was friendly and prompt. Our orders came out as we asked for. Price was reasonable. They could start serving on a little larger plate. Food seemed to be spilling off the plates.