All reviews free breakfast hall of fame the breakfast area nice hotel yogurt pancake machine junior suite newer hotel cinnamon buns pool and hot tub pizza hut grocery store front desk staff the lower level minute drive fridge and microwave would stay here again
Reviewed March 27, 2016

I would not hesitate to recommend the Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown to my friends, family or other people looking for a great place to stay in the area. My children and I loved our time at this hotel. Upon being there just a few minutes, after checking out the main lobby, pool, and unpacking in our room, my daughter turned to me: "Wow...is Holiday Inn Express always so nice? We should stay here more often!". It is true that this exceeded all of our expectations. Even upon just entering the building, it smelled clean and we were given such a warm welcome from the staff. They were so pleasant and helped us a couple of other times when asking questions re: parking in town, restaurant recommendations, or even a band-aid. There were always fresh cookies available at the front desk. The main lobby was so comfortable, with plenty of seating for playing board games at night, to just chatting, or doing some quick business on my laptop via complimentary wi-fi. Pool was clean and comfortable, as was the workout area. It is extremely seldom that you get the type of breakfast provided: ranging from fresh pancakes, cinna-buns, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, in addition the more typical fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, bagels and muffins. The coffee was even great! The rate during our off-season visit in March was extremely reasonable, especially with the AAA rate, and so that made it even more delightful!

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
Katie N, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2016

Thank you! We are so glad to read your feedback. The fact that you would recommend us without hesitation is such a wonderful comment! It's terrific to see that you (and your daughter of course) approved and loved the new renovated look. You'll find that a lot of our properties are modernizing to fit the need of every traveler. At our hotel we love to help in any way and be a part of the Cooperstown experience. Reviews such as this one are SO rewarding to us! We cannot thank you enough for all the wonderful, kind comments you made. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2016

Stayed one night and everything was almost perfect. Large clean rooms. I think this is the first hotel I have stayed at that all TV stations were in HD. Breakfast was one of the best I have encountered. Only complaint was that the pool was not very warm and could use a few more chairs around it.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
Katie N, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2016

Thanks! So glad to see your compliments about our hotel, especially breakfast! We try our best to keep it fresh and diverse to offer something for everybody. One of the most important goals for us is to offer the best overall value. This is why we include all amenities (breakfast buffet, parking, wireless internet, etc) and offer superior products, such as the HD TV/channels. Thank you again and we hope you will visit us soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2016

This hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff at the desk were helpful and friendly.It has a nice indoor pool and Gym.
My main complaint wasThe Breakfast food was deplorable !!! unless you wanted cereal or packaged oatmeal , the eggs were inedible and the meats were like cardboard !!!!!! the breakfast area was attractive ,and the coffee was good.

1  Thank Martha T

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to see you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for your compliments about our cleanliness and staff! We are very sorry about your experience with our breakfast buffet and it is inexcusable. We try our best to keep it diverse so that there is something for everyone. With fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, cinnamon buns, oatmeal, granola and a pancake machine each day; we mix in bacon, turkey sausage, scrambled eggs and omelets. While your review has assured we will fix any issue you experienced, we are truly sorry you had to be the one to go through it in the first place. Thank you and we hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2016

Wow, what a beautiful hotel. This place is immaculately maintained and everything is absolutely top notch. The rooms were very quiet and comfortable and we were able to get a roll away for our son so all three kids could have a place to sleep. The roll away was supposed to cost extra but they ended up giving it to us for free, which they certainly didn't have to do. Breakfast was very good and the breakfast are was large, modern, and relaxing. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family

Thanks! We do not take your compliment of "immaculate" lightly. It's SO nice of you to say! We truly appreciate your recommendation and are thrilled that you enjoyed your time visiting Cooperstown. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2016

Holiday Inn saved my trip last weekend, and I am just so thankful for everything Dan did for me. I originally had booked my 2 nights to stay at the Best Western next door (I wrote a review here as well if you want to know what happened and how they treated us) and found out the hard way that they didn't have cribs at all. We made the reservation for myself, my toddler and my baby, and requested the crib, we wrote it in the reservation and then my husband called to confirm. They said ok to everything, and when I got there, there were no cribs. Big headache with people who didn't care about us at all, and I called the Holiday Inn, I asked if they had cribs, and Dan at the front desk went to make sure the crib was physically ready for me. He confirmed he was putting a room on hold for me (for cheaper than bestwestern!) in case i could go over. After sorting my way out of BestWestern, I hauled all my stuff and kids there, and he had given us a beautiful suite "because i had had a bad enough day". Points for service?! The room was so much nicer than in the other hotel, everything here feels brand new, it is modern and beautiful. It was perfectly clean, and the room was so nice, with a sink, some counter, a nice fridge, a microwave, displosables... Really nice beds, tons of nice pillows, 2 flatscreen tv's, not one, two! my little one loved that! The bathroom was perfect too, and let me write this in capital letters FREE HOT BREAKFAST, I mean eggs in like 3 ways, bacon, sausages of 2 kinds, biscuits, gravy, fruits, pancakes made to order, pastries, muffins, juices, yogurts, cereals... And you eat it looking at the mountains in a nice room with big tv's and modern decor, where they have coffee, chocolate and tea 24/7.
Don't hesitate, if you are going to stay in this area, this Holiday Inn is the best place you can choose, some 10 minutes from downtown Cooperstown, but so much cheaper than being there. Thank God for the Holiday Inn that saved my trip!!

Room Tip: Ask to be overlooking the mountains for a relaxing treat
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family

Wow thank you! We are so glad to read your review and are just blown away by your compliments. While we cannot speak to what happened prior, we are glad to have been able to make your situation a better one. Dan was happy to have been able to assist during your time of need. It's just so wonderful to read your kind words about your overall experience with our property. We're just local folks trying our best to give the best experience to everyone visiting our great city of Cooperstown. Please come see us again soon!