“Delicious and unpretentious”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cantina de Salsa - CLOSED

Cantina de Salsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fresh Latin food served in the fun, casual stmospheres of our two locations - Cherry Valley and Cooperstown. We offer favorite Mexican classics and dishes with a Caribbean twist in addition to a full bar and outstanding selection of world class tequilas, orginal house cocktails, wines, bottled and draft beers and of course, maragritas!
Princeton, NJ
“Delicious and unpretentious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

The restaurant serves more than your basic luncheon standbys (though those are available too): my fish tacos (cod) were light and very pleasantly seasoned, my wife's arugala salad was freshly made, and the cold cucumber soup we both had for starters was sweet and tasty. The four other people in our party were similarly pleased with their choices, and the tab for 6, with tip, came in under $20 per person. Centrally located at the intersection of Chestnut and Main, it's a fine place to stop either after or before you've explored the Hall of Fame.

Visited June 2014

New York
“Continental Cuisine meets Corn Dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

WOW! Delicious food as expected at Alex and Ikas the other day, and now Corn Dogs too! Don't be fooled for a moment by the Corn Dog sign out front. Same great ambiance and good food around the corner in the restaurant. I wonder if you can have a Cabernet and corn dog?

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fish tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our Innkeeper recommended the restaurant for a late night dinner after our visit to the HOF. I ordered the fish tacos while my husband had a grilled cheese. I frequently order fish tacos and these were some of the best I have ever had. My husband was equally happy with his food. The service was friendly and speedy. Wish we lived closer so we could return!

• Visited June 2014
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our innkeeper, Ed, recommended Alex & Ika and we were not disappointed. My husband and I had a late lunch after visiting the HOF. He ordered Fish & Chips and I had the Fish Tacos. His meal was served with fries and coleslaw. The fries were nicely seasoned and crisp and I stole several of them. I enjoyed the creative take on my tacos, served with a roasted corn salsa, lettuce, tomato & avocado and a chipotle aioli & lime wedges. We really enjoyed our meal and would definitely go back if we return to Cooperstown. We visited Cooperstown the third week in May.

Visited May 2014
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
“Nice evening diner - mixed thoughts!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

The front of the restaurant is actually the kitchen. To get to the seating area you go down the side alley, as you dine in the back. This is a nice little eclectic restaurant with an assortment of conversation pieces - "mirror, mirror, on the wall". The locals know it well. The waitstaff was engaging and friendly. Service was good, and prices reasonable. We found some good and not so good in our food. The mixed greens were exactly that: a huge bowl of greens. No other items in this accompanying salad, other than dressing. It could have been dumped from a bag onto the bowl! My wife had the fish and chips (fries) and thought it to be good. I had the pork tenderloin in a cherry glaze which was excellent - very tender and favorable. It came with sweet potato fries. Again with the fries, the pork would have been better "served" if it was pared with a nice garlic mashed and a fresh green vegetable. So we enjoyed our dinning experience, but it had the potential to be something better.

Visited June 2014