“A Not to Miss restaurant”
Review of Cantina de Salsa - CLOSED

Cantina de Salsa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fresh Latin food served in the fun, casual stmospheres of our two locations - Cherry Valley and Cooperstown. We offer favorite Mexican classics and dishes with a Caribbean twist in addition to a full bar and outstanding selection of world class tequilas, orginal house cocktails, wines, bottled and draft beers and of course, maragritas!
Hanover, Massachusetts
“A Not to Miss restaurant”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

An exciting restaurant that was very clean, the entire staff made your dining experience most enjoyable. The menu was very nice with a wine list to match your every desire.

• Visited February 2013

Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We had heard about A&I and stopped on our way from Ithaca to Boston on Easter Sunday. Late lunch was excellent - better than excellent. We has a very good Petit Syrah, perfectly cooked pork tenderloin with sautéed apples and cherries and the best sweet potato fries I have ever had - and we are experienced diners. Don't hesitate. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank barbarasandra38
Syracuse, New York
“Good but boring for regulars”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Like everything about this place but the entrees never change and there are no specials or additions. Boring for those of us who eat there regularly.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank DirtyMartiniShaken
milford, ny
“Upscale look”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Restaurant has good atmosphere -- pastel walls decorated with mirrors and retro posters. Food is excellent, if overpriced for the portions you are served. Head waiter can be a bit slow on the uptake - it took several minutes for him to notice us at the door before we were seated in a virtually empty room. A&I features salads, fish tacos and tuna specialties, mac & cheese, plus their BAT sandwich, that is a highlight. They serve brunch on Sundays with a choice of morning or lunch fare. Dinner menu does not change much from lunch menu, but is more expensive. Wait staff is dressed too casually for a high end eatery. Overly worn jeans and ripped shirts made a bad impression on our party of four.

• Visited February 2013
CT & AK
“Romantic yet Casual”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent our anniversary weekend in Cooperstown and had dinner on our anniversary at Alex and Ika's. We made a reservation but it is off season so the dining room was not packed to capacity but most tables were occupied which made for a nice cozy atmosphere. The Swedish martini is fabulous and a new experience for me (I'm a martini drinker) and I really enjoyed it. One is all you need!! My husband had the hanger steak and I had the tuna which was delicious but a litte too spicy for me. I wouldn't order it again but it had nothing to do with the quality. My husband and I enjoyed it there so much we went back the next nite and had another martini :) and a couple of small plates. I had the fish tacos and hubby had a salad with the leg of duck. Both were just what we were looking for. Not too heavy but ample to satisfy us.

If we ever return to Cooperstown in the future (and hopefully we will), Alex and Ika's will top our restaurant list.

• Visited March 2013