“DiMaggio Would Have Dined Here!”

Nicoletta's Italian Cafe
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

As huge fans of Italian food, we made a reservation at Nicoletta’s for a quiet Thursday night dinner. Good thing we did, the place was mobbed with a large wedding part so we immediately expected the worst.

Wrong again!

We were pleasantly greeted and IMMEDIATELY seated at a fantastic table at the very back of the restaurant, the ideal spot when you want to be uncrowded in a crowded restaurant. The decor was very nice, somewhat chic & contemporary with low lighting to set the mood, whatever the mood may be.

So far, so good!

Our waitress was all smiles and accommodating and presented a wine list not too bad for Cooperstown. The service was excellent which was surprising considering how many people were there; I was impressed with how the wait staff and kitchen hustled to make the dining experience pleasant for all.

Bravo!!

The menu selection was complimented with several enticing specials. I opted for the Scandala sliced sausage appetizer that was delicious along with the complimentary homemade bread and olive oil/balsamic dipping dish. The entrées were very good and very different from the usual pizza parlor/Italian restaurant fare. Maybe not the most exotic Italian food we ever had, but the red sauce was very tasty and complimented my Fruitti Di Mare, which was also very good. Mrs. Floyd thoroughly enjoyed her Chicken Alfredo as well.

We dined casually, never felt rushed despite the packed house and enjoyed the overall experience. Don’t expect Nicoletta’s to rival the best New York City Italian ristorante, but instead enjoy it for what it is, a very good local Italian restaurant.

Buon appetito!!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived without a reservation about 6 PM on Friday night, and were seated right away. The waiter was very attentive, bringing water and explaining specials within a few minutes of our being seated. I ordered a sausage and rigatoni dinner, while my companion had the eggplant special. Both dinners were very good, and there was plenty of food. Prices were reasonable. I will return.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

At the recommendation of the owner of our hotel we ate here. The place is small on main street and has a quiet soothing ambiance. We were seated at a small linen covered table for two and not right next to other quests so our conversation could be more private and intimate. The menu has a good selection and I ordered a pasta dish with sweet Italian sausage. The food was very good. Nice wine selection too. My only problem with this restaurant is when another couple came in and there were plenty of empty tables, the waiter chose to sit them right next to us. This made me feel like our space was no longer private. Then another couple came in and they were seated with space around them, away from us. In my travels I have found that east coast restaurants tend to have very crowded table seating without regard for personal space for conversation. They are often very loud because of the crowded nature and everyone trying to talk over the next group. I don’t find this to be a relaxed atmosphere. I assume this is standard practice d/t the higher population in most eastern towns or just the seating for server convenience. In either case, as a customer, I would have preferred to have them maintain a space around every customer table until they had no choice but to seat another party right next to another. Just my opinion.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Fun Place Call Ahead Had party of 18 no problem Food authenic and good Takes reservations Salads great Prices fair

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant!! The food is delicious!! They took really great care of me!! Being wheat free is not easy and I had a off the menu meal and they made it with wheat free pasta!! So thankful to Nicoletta's for such a great dining experience!!