“Stumbled upon it and very pleased!”

Lake Front Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 62 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My family and I were looking for a place to eat in Cooperstown, NY the day after Labor Day. Many of the restaurants in town had shut down due to it being "Fall" and we knew we might have to look around a bit to find somewhere that was open. We decided to go down to look at the lake before dinner and happened to be right next to this restaurant so we decided to give it a shot. Originally we wanted to sit outside, but all the tables were full, so we headed inside, which was just as pleasant and had a great view of the lake. They were understaffed the night we were there, so there were only 2 members of wait staff, but that only seemed to be an issue to get our order in. Once ordered, our food was delivered in a very timely manner. The salad bar is included with all main dinner entrees and was not large by any means, mainly just salad mix, croutons, tomatoes, onions, and dressing, but was similar to what you would get on a pre-mixed side salad, and it was nice to have the option to make your own. The dinner rolls were on the salad bar as well and were very good. I had the special that night - Blackened Salmon with a Tomato Salsa and it was very good. Smaller piece of fish than I expected for the price, but I was surprisingly full at the end. The dish came with my choice of potato (I got the rice) and a mix of delicious vegetables. My Salmon came on a plate in the shape of a fish, which I thought was a clever touch. The two other members of my party ordered the 1/2 Roasted Chicken and the Pork Loin and both enjoyed their dishes very much. Their portions were very large and we took leftovers with us. I thought the overall food quality was very good, however the dishes could have been just a touch hotter. The main attraction of this restaurant is definitely the view - it's spectacular and there is a nice little park next to it for an after-dinner stroll. The entrees can be a touch pricey - most of the seafood entrees are $20-$25, but the Salmon special that night was $17.99, which wasn't horrible. Seeing as many of the restaurants in Cooperstown are pricey, I thought this was fine. The other two entrees were $16.99 and $18.99. They also have a "Lite" menu with cheaper, smaller options. Overall, a pleasant dining experience with a great atmosphere and view of the lake!

Reviewed July 8, 2010

I ordered prime rib rare when it came it was not rare, had no taste, My husband ordered broiled seafood, which the scallops were good but again the rest had no flavor. We were never offered refills on our tea. They took the prime rib $21.99 off my bill and carged me for the salad and tea. I have never returned any thing before so this was quite an experience for me.

2  Thank doningo1
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Overpriced? Yes.
Impossible parking? Yes.
Best New England Clam Chower I have enjoyed in years.

Reviewed June 4, 2009

the only CIA anyone from this place might have trained at is the one where they teach you how to kill people with food. We ordered a hamburger medium well and they were so bloody red inside we thought we were in a horror movie. They did offer to re-cook it, but I asked to speak to the chef because I simply wanted a refund after being grossed out. The guy came out looking like he wanted to kill us. This place has a great location and is a nice setting, but obviously that's where they end in investing in their service and product. Avoid at all costs.

4  Thank travelswithtwokids
Reviewed October 17, 2008

Had breakfast there twice - friendly service - great coffee - prices reasonable - absolutely beautiful spot on the lake - We never made it there for dinner - but I understand they had 2 chefs from CIA. Would recommend it.