“Go if like flies all over you!”

Lake Front Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 62 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Breakfast Saturday monring was a joke. Service was slow and the waiter messed up my order. TWICE! Flies all over the restaurant. Manager or owner sat at the bar and did nothing beside eat his breakfast. Would not go back

2  Thank Bob B

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had a great broiled seafood dinner, Haddock was excellent as were the scallops. The stuffed shrimp with crabmeat could have been a little less breadcrumby, but all in all the meal was very good for the 4 of us. Service could have been a little quicker.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The restaurant was very clean. The ambiance was perfect. We were seated quickly, by a window overlooking the lake; there were a lot of customers, at 1:00 in the afternoon. There were two of us for lunch. I had their Clam Chowder for an appetizer and steak sandwich for my entrée. My wife had the same as I had. The waiter was very congenial, and attentive. He checked with us several, not annoying, to see if our food and drinks were ok. We were not at all rushed. We were happy and satisfied when we left the restaurant. The pricing was on the high side but worth every bit of it. We would not hesitate going there again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at the adjoining hotel and had our complimentary breakfast at this restaurant. We decided to go for dinner too and had a pleasant experience. Kyle was our waiter and did a good job taking care of us. We both had the broiled seafood platter, which consisted of haddock, shrimp and scallops accompanied by baked potato, fries or rice. A salad is included. The food was great! We split a dessert which was equally good. The setting and decor is nice and the view of the lake during the day is very tranquil. I did rate as a five star, however if there was anything detracting, it might have been the prices which seemed to be about 20% higher than what I think the prices should have been, but still ranks as a five star to me.

1  Thank ZumaDawg
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Small unpaved parking lot, small outside patio area. Live music on weekend I was there. Took a long time to get seated for the few people ahead of me, but once seated, the service was good. I had clams which were large and generally good. A couple were slightly undercookeded. Great view of lighthouse and marina.