“Beautiful view”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed at the Lake Front Hotel and breakfast was part of package. Not a buffet. I had a choice of six items, good variety. I added a side of sausage to my order of oatmeal and just paid for that. Huge bowl of hot oatmeal with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and cranberries in it. Sat and overlooked Lake Otsego as the sun came up and burned off the morning mist. Friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for Lake Front Restaurant

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Food was very good, presentation was great, portions were good, price was a little high especially considering the service.... well the resturant was seriously understaffed!! but when the waitress did come she was very friendly and nice!! the bartender was not so nice or friendly. he acted like it was an inconvienence to get us our drinks while our waitress was taking some time to get to our table. Not impressed!!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I went to dinner here for our 1 year anniversary. It was recommended, second only to The Hawkeye (where we ate last night), by the locals. The food and service were poor and the cost was ridiculous (although had it been good food or good service, cost wouldn't have mattered). The view was lovely but ultimately this felt like an overpriced, overglorified diner and certainly not a restaurant. I will try to be fair.
The restaurant was 3/4 empty, which is expected during off season...yet it took almost 10 minutes for our waiter to greet us. We ordered our beers, asked for water and placed our meal order all at the same time.
It took another 5 minutes to get our beers, so when he arrived with the beer, I again asked for water. My husbands beer (local Ommegang Witte Wheat) was warm. Mine was barely chilled.
The salad arrived fairly quickly but tasted like it had been frozen and our dressing was served in a little plastic to-go container. I again asked for water.
When our meals arrived they were sub-par at best. Oh, and I again asked for water and also the bread.
My husband's Broiled Seafood Platter, which was supposed to have 2 scallops, had a single scallop that had been fileted in half to appear as two and when he ate it he discovered it was gritty and hadn't been cleaned properly.
My Sunset Scallops were lukewarm at best and there were a total of 4 on my $26 dollar plate.
Finally, we got our water and bread. One of the rolls was rock hard and the second tasted as if it had gone sour, a taste I didn't realize bread could have.
Our baked potatoes were so old and cold they would even soften up when we added butter and they tasted as if they had been stored next to the dirty dish water.
My husband had to slather his broiled fish in tartar sauce to make it edible and gulp his water after each bite of his overcooked jumbo shrimp to swallow it.
Our experience at Lake Front was a terrible waste of $75 (yep,that's two entrees and two beers). In all fairness, I believe the food may have been good if it was the on season, had arrived hot (or cold depending on the item) and hadn't been sitting around for hours waiting for someone to order it.

2  Thank Allyson S
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Just a block from the Hall of fame on the lake front, this restaurant was suggested by the Postmaster. And she was right, the best burger that I have had in New York! The owner Alfred was sitting at the bar and was pleased by our pleasant experience. Ever changing views of the water front and mountains.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Slightly off the main street, on the lake, this was an oasis of quiet for breakfast. Full menu, with very large portions. Two pancakes were more than I could eat. Coffee was disappointing, however. A little higher price point than other places.