“Great lunch with exceptional service”
Review of Doubleday Cafe

Doubleday Cafe
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: The Doubleday Cafe is open year round, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. We offer a chalk board of specials for all three meals. With seating of about 70, we also offer a fine selection of beer, wine and top shelf liquors. Our goals are to serve the freshest food, along with the best service, at the most reasonable prices. The Doubleday celebrated it's 20th anniversary in 2011.
“Great lunch with exceptional service”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a very pleasant lunch in the Doubleday Cafe. Although it was very busy, the staff quickly and graciously found us a table. Our order came quite quickly, and the food was very good. Typical cafe burgers, but most pleasant. I'd happily eat there again.

• Visited August 2013

Naples, Florida
“Local Standout”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here a few days ago on a break from visiting the Hall of Fame. It was recommended to us by a lady whom we saw on the street who happened to be a server at the restaurant. She saw us strolling around figuring we were looking for a lunch spot. We are glad we took her advice.

The bar and restaurant are quaint and decorated with lots of local and baseball memorabilia. Service is friendly and prompt. The menu is large with lots of daily specials. We had glasses of the house Chardonnay delicious and fairly priced @ $5.50. I had an open-faced reuben that was ample, tasty and filling with a sides of fries and cole slaw, very fresh and crisp. My wife's salad was also well-made. Prices reasonable. The fact that the place was filled to capacity for lunch attests to its popularity.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Family fare plus”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We scoped out this restaurant on our way to the Baseball Hall of Fame. The daily specials sounded interesting and healthy. When we arrived for lunch it was after two in the afternoon and the place was packed - to us a good sign. We waited maybe two minutes, but were immediately recognized upon entering the door. I choose the Spicy Corn and Black Bean Soup and my husband the Ham and Cheese Quiche. What made these items similar was the use of fresh local ingredients. While stirring my soup I noticed corn freshly cut from the cob, carrots, and other veggies. We both agreed that the food was similar to your basic home style cooking, but not just your average home style it has the plus - well seasoned, someone to do the cooking, dishes, and being waited on. Great meal for a fall day with crispness in the air.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Patricia W
Pearl River, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had the steak sandwich and fries and it was delicious. I went back the next morning and had breakfast and it was also very good. The only problem that I had was that I like my food to be hot and my french toast was not but it was still delicious. Great staff.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Good Food”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have eaten here a number of times over the years. The food ranges from decent to good. Unfortunately, this year we missed breakfast which just might be the best meal there. My husband loves the fact that you can get pure maple syrup. That, of course, is extra, but it is worth it.

Visited September 2013