“Good Food - Relaxed Atmosphere”

Toscana Italian Fusion & Grill
Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Cooperstown
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good Food - Relaxed Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. The tuna and chicken salad sandwiches were very good. Fires were excellet. Location is directly across from the Baseball Hall of Fame.

1 Thank Mark F

Utica, New York
“Potential to be a very good restaurant, but...”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Toscana was recommended to us by a local resident. We were told to byob as they didn't have a liquor license yet. So...we brought an Italian red to go with our italian meal to be followed by an Italian opera.
We were seated immediately as we had a reservation. Our server informed us we could only drink our wine if we were friends with the owners. He was very nice about it, but disappointing nonetheless. Italian food, Saturday night, no wine. Ouch. The menu had a nice variety and the prices were average. The atmosphere was obviously an old pizza parlor with booths looking like they came from an old Mcdonald's. The white paint on the walls made them show up more than they should have. There were fresh flowers on every table which was a nice touch, and nice linens as well.
We ordered the potstickers for an appetizer and were pleased. Not greasy, light, nice flavor. I got the pork osso buca which had good flavors but was cold in the middle. It was served over lumpy mashed potatoes, which is how I prefer mine, and covered with a light red sauce that went well with it. It came with a lone broccoli floret that was barely cooked and not seasoned. I would call it a poor excuse for garnish or vegetable. My friend ordered the linguini with clam sauce which was fine, but had an unusual flavoring which he thought was celery. Portions were good. We ordered espressos and espresso chocolate flourless cake which was outstanding, but could have used a dollop of whipped cream to be perfect. I would try again after they get their liquor license.

main st
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This restaurant is over the top. The chef, Tony use to cook at the italian Kitchen in Oneonta, NY. Now out of business. Tony and his nephew Angelo opened Toscana early summer and as they say the rest is history. They are always busy because the food is just plain good. If you didn't know where you were one would think they were in Italy have a meal of a life time.
I have gone to Toscana three times and plan on going every chance I get. The food is great fresh and always on point. Very creative menu.
If you get the chance go to Toscana, you can thank me later.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank jabaldo
York, North Yorkshire
“Fresh and delicious food from an interesting menu.”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My partner and I stopped here for dinner after visiting the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. The interior of the restaurant features some diner-style booths, and some tables. I think this might be quite a new establishment. The menu posted outside looked interesting, so we decided to give it a go. We were quickly shown to a booth. The waiter gave us menus, and also informed us about the specials for the day. These included a starter of sashimi, as well as Italian dishes, so I guess that's where the fusion element is most apparent.

My partner and I both liked the sound of an angel hair pasta dish with scallops and prawns. I had mine with a tomato sauce, and my partner had his with a while wine and garlic sauce. The portions were generous, and the food tasted very fresh. The scallops from Maine were the biggest scallops I've ever seen in my life! They were sweet and succulent, and well cooked. The prawns were also delicious. I very much enjoyed my sauce, which featured fresh herbs and was seasoned to perfection. My partner also said his sauce was very tasty.

We had iced tea along with the meal. We were too full for dessert. The cost of our meal was around $50, so it wasn't cheap (although there were also less costly items on the menu.) However the food was very good, and we were left feeling happy and satisfied. I would enjoy eating at this restaurant again, and would also recommend it to friends.

• Visited August 2012