“Best. Vacation. Ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Best. Vacation. Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've been meaning to sign up with Trip Advisor since last May to write a review of the Landmark, but I never got around to it, until I received an email today telling that the Inn was under new ownership. I've only ever been to the Landmark that one time, but my fiance proposed in Room 2, so of course it was the best vacation ever!
The Landmark Inn is really quite lovely and everyone we spoke with who worked there was wonderful. We even ran into Laura on the Cooperstown Blues Express, and she was so excited to tell everyone she knew on the train that I said "yes"! My fiance had called the Inn to assist with surprising me with flowers when we entered the room. I had no idea a proposal was coming, so I thought the innkeeper put the flowers in the room!
We were originally scheduled to visit Cooperstown in September 2011, but Tropical Storm Lee(?) flooded our entire route through PA and NY. The Inn was gracious enough to hold onto our deposit and let us reschedule our trip with no hassle. For that, the Landmark Inn automatically got a high rating from me before we even stepped foot in the door.
We can't wait to come back to Cooperstown for an anniversary trip and stay in Room 2!
Aside from the Hall of Fame, we went to Brewery Ommegang, Fly Creek Cider Mill,and rode the Cooperstown Blues Express (on advice from a friend from Oneonta). Alex and Ika's food is delicious!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ROBIN2142013, Owner at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you Meghan! As new owners we are only now learning JUST HOW MANY proposals have occured in our Inn! Amazing! We will be hosting a number of Bridal Parties this summer and fall, too! Laura, Hannah and Elizabeth - all of whom took care of the Landmark before our purchase - are all still here making sure every guest's experience is memorable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Mount Kisco, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My Wife and I stayed at the Landmark Inn during the off-season in Cooperstown. It's our second time there. There is new ownership and both the proprietors and their staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent and the room we stayed in was fantastic. We stayed in room #2 which has it's own private entrance and porch. The room itself is very comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was the topper as both the jetted tub and stand in shower with multiple shower heads were amazing. The room had a book with menus from the local restaurant which was great. The location is very close to the downtown area and the local super market. All and all a great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ROBIN2142013, Owner at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you Jaime! Room number 2 is so popular with guests that we took a cue from it as we refreshed our other rooms with crisp colors, hardwood floors, flat screen TV's and a really comfy chair to finish that book in. We hope you'll come back and visit us again.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The property has a good selection of rooms from good quality and upwards and the shared interior areas combine the right amount of antique and modern.

The owner was very friendly and made our one night stay very welcoming. Restaurant suggestions were spot on and the breakfast was a delicious fresh change to the other ones we had on our road trip.

The two golden retrievers are so well behaved you wouldn't know that they were in the house and are kept separate from the guests, although we were missing our golden Labrador so took the opportunity to say hello when we checked in.

This B&B and the town are well worth a visit, at least two days minimum. :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ROBIN2142013, Manager at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you Andrew, for your visit and great conversation. Pheobe and Bella (our golden retrievers) are never allowed in the inn, but absolutely love it when guests come by to say hello to them.
White Plains
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had never stayed at a B&B before, but my wife and I received a bedandbreakfast.com gift card, so we decided to use it during our visit to the Hall of Fame. I was beyond impressed with the Landmark for my first experience with a B&B. My wife and I travel a lot, but this was a very different experience. The owners were wonderful, the room was clean and a very nice size, the building was impeccably kept, breakfast was delicious, I can go on and on. One of the best parts is that it is walking distance (less than half mile) to the downtown area and the HoF. The Landmark is HIGHLY recommended if you are looking for a quaint, personal, fantastic experience while visiting Cooperstown!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I booked this Inn for two days for a family outing to the Hall of Fame. I was a little nervous about staying at a B & B and didn't really know what to expect, but it far exceed any expectations I had. We shared room 8 with our adult son and daughter (who joined us from Oswego and Rhode Island). Our daughter, son-in-law, and 15 month old granddaughter stayed in room 7. Since it was off season, we mostly had the Inn to ourselves.

We all felt extremely comfortable and at home. Robin and Fred and the staff were all so friendly and accommodating and embraced having a baby onsite. They even quickly provided a cute makeshift diaper pail for us and had a high chair and child appropriate utensils set for breakfast. The tables were nicely set and I liked that they were for smaller groups rather than "forcing" you to join in with others. We enjoyed the living room fireplace and having a common area to play games and talk.

If we ever come back to Cooperstown, this is where we would stay. We highly recommend this B & B!

Room Tip: Room 8 is a suite perfect for 2 adults and 2 children - very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ROBIN2142013, Owner at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you to our new friends from Michigan! What a weekend it was sharing the NCAA Elite Eight with you as our beloved Syracuse and your beloved Michigan each won, only to - sniff - face each other the next week in a game of dubious foul calls :) Your entire family was a delight. Please visit us again, perhaps for the Detroit Tigers week at the HOF later in the summer?
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been staying at the Landmark Inn of Cooperstown, four or five times a year, for over six years. It is a home-away-from-home for me. I love the historic old building, the comfortable beds, the living room and dining rooms with their fireplaces... Sometimes i visit with my daughters, sometimes with friends. Everyone always enjoys their stay, especially the breakfasts!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ROBIN2142013, Owner at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. As new owners, the opinions of long time guests are so valuable. Even as we work to put a new shine on the Landmark, we are ever mindful of it's past and the place it holds in so many hearts. We look forward to your next visit, perhaps when the new gardens are in bloom?
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been an enormous baseball fan all of my life, and especially of the Baseball Hall of Fame. If you are coming into town for anything Baseball related, this is the place you HAVE to stay. The room I booked was incredibly spacious, the dream shower is phenomenal, the homemade breakfast was delicious, and there was nothing more I could have asked for during my stay.

The standout feature is the new owners Fred & Robin. I can't believe they just started here because this place seems like it has been theirs for quite some time. Fred is a huge baseball fan and I felt like we could have sat there swapping baseball stories and discovering more and more fascinating trivia, but alas there is only so much time. Best part is the lass than 10 minutes walk it takes to be downtown and at the Hall of Fame. I loved the location and can't wait to see it in the summer!

I even forgive that he is a Mets fan because it was such a fabulous experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank solesofmyshoes
ROBIN2142013, Owner at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you Chris. Fred says to come back soon, so he can work on Mets-itizing you a bit more.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#2 of 29 in Cooperstown
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
#2 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!