“Great stay at The Landmark!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Landmark Inn

Landmark Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
“Great stay at The Landmark!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My annual trip to Cooperstown could not have been better. Robin and the staff at the Landmark were amazing. Our room was spotless and breakfast was a treat (loved the Champagne glass smoothie and fresh quiche). But the highlight of my trip was still ahead. My friend and I returned from a full day at the hall of fame, put our feet up near the fire in the Inn's cozy living room and watched my (not his, though) favorite baseball movie League of Their Own. Robin stopped by to see if we needed anything, noticed the movie we were watching and told me she had a surprise waiting for me at breakfast the next morning. Did she ever! Turns out, one of the hosts at the Landmark is the real life daughter of Slats (the one Gina Davis played in the movie)!! Her name is Laura. She came over to chat and even brought over some memorabilia to show us. What a treat! She told some great stories about her mom and the making of the movie. I didn't know that some of it got filmed right in Cooperstown, at Doubleday Field! That's pretty cool.

Go to the Landmark! Not only will Robin make you feel special, but you might get Laura to tell you stories about Penny Marshall (she directed the movie) and some of the going's on about town during that time. Great stuff. Can't wait for next year and my return.

Thanks

• Stayed March 2013
ROBIN2142013, Owner at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Ella, thank you so much for choosing the Landmark and your kind words. So many people love the movie, "A League of Their Own," and love hearing Laura's stories that she's becoming a bit of a Landmark celebrity! Come see us soon. We would love to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have to start with I must have read 100 reviews from different B&B's before I booked my trip at the Landmark Inn. My husband and I were going primarily for the hall of fame and some alone time. The Landmark Inn was beautifully decorated. We were greeted by Robin who is the new owner with her husband. They bought the Inn on Valentines Day 2013, so any reviews prior I would not hold them accountable for. The carpet was being ripped up on their second floor to put in hard wood flooring, so we stayed in room 9 which had an entrance by parking lot. However our room was very cozy and the back French doors opened up to a deck and huge yard. Could have enjoyed if there was no snow on ground! Our room attached onto 9a to make a larger room. The only problem with this is you can hear the conversations in the next room. Also the bathroom wasn't swept, had some hair on ground from previous guest. Nothing that made me go running... With this being said I would still absolutely stay here again. I would probably book another room though. The breakfast- FANTASTIC is an understatement. They had our table ready for us with a fresh fruit cup, OJ, and zucchini bread. I had baked apple French toast along with other guests and my husband got a special meal just for him because he is lactose intolerant, which they asked before arriving! Plenty of food to keep u going! Separate tables as well which is nice if you are not a morning person. Robin came out to greet us and ask if there was anything we needed. We chatted and got to learn a bit about her and her family and visa versa. A very nice weekend, and I'm sure they will only get better from here on out.

Room Tip: Would probably go for room 2 next time
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ROBIN2142013, Owner at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your review Lindsay. I certainly enjoyed being your host. Thank you especially for your kind words about breakfast. Upgrading that guest experience has been one of my primary goals. (Soon we will introduce our custom blended coffee and artisan selections crafted with ingredients from local farms.)

My only disappointment is that your stay wasn't completely perfect. That is what we aim for. Our team has been trained extensively on exceeding guests expectations in every way.That we failed somewhat to do so in housekeeping has heightened our focus once again. Perhaps our renovation work on the second floor distracted us momentarily. But no excuse.

I am happy to report that the renovation is nearly complete, and the updated rooms now look fresh and bright with hardwood floors, designer paint, distinctive art, fresh window coverings, flat screen tv's, and new linens. Quite a welcome transformation.

My husband has been busy putting his stamp on the Inn as well. In addition to baseball, he's a bit of a Mark Twain freak and is creating what he calls, "The hall of literary offenses." Apparently, Mark Twain had quite a bit to say about our local favorite son, James Fennimore Cooper, much of it not complimentary, but very funny . He's also begun building out an extensive library of baseball books and DVD's. So If you get tired of watching The Natural or Field of Dreams, check out It Happens Every Spring. Silly, but fun.

More to come. I hope you'll visit again and share some more laughter with us.

My best,

Robin Schneider, Owner
Landmark Inn
Hobart, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited the Landmark Inn for a weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary and we had such a wonderful time!

On the weekend we had originally reserved, we were expecting a major snowstorm and the staff was so helpful in rearranging our trip and they really made an effort to make our rescheduling as easy and comfortable as possible.

When we did finally arrive, we were in awe at the beauty of the house and all of the rooms. We were quickly greeted by the new owner, Robin, along with the staff. Everyone was so friendly and created an atmosphere that makes you feel like you are staying with good friends, rather than as guests at a B&B.

The breakfasts were such a treat--the food was delicious, the dining room is gorgeous, and (again) the atmosphere was just perfect. The rooms were lovely as well. The decor is perfectly matched to this gorgeous old house, the bed was incredibly comfortable, and the jacuzzi tub was heavenly.

It was also wonderful to be within walking distance of Main Street in Cooperstown. What a treat to be able to take a romantic stroll into town for dinner and then enjoy a leisurely walk back to the Inn to enjoy a relaxing, hot bath. We loved it so much at the Landmark Inn, we never wanted to leave! We will certainly visit again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ROBIN2142013, Owner at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
So pleased that you enjoyed your stay, Anna, and that our new approach exceeded your expectations, even on your anniversary! We look forward to hosting you again soon. Thank you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

What a wonderful weekend we had at the Landmark Inn. We arrived late and were greeted warmly by the new owner, Robin, who immediately went to work making us feel at home. No sooner were we in our room when the phone rang. Our dinner reservations at a very popular Alex and Ika's - on a very busy weekend - had been made. When we arrived back from dinner, a number of the guests had gathered in the living room, enjoying the fire on a cold night. We were invited by them to sample a Belgium beer from a local brewery, but declined. By 10pm the party was over and the the beautiful house grew quiet. Breakfast the next morning was expertly hosted by Robin and crew. Great conversation and much laughter. I must admit that a number of recent reviews had me somewhat concerned. Maybe it was the final days of the past ownership, I don't know, but my experience was memorable.

Room Tip: A number of rooms have private entrances. We got a room with a "dream shower". Took us a m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph_F454
ROBIN2142013, Owner at Landmark Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit here at the Landmark Inn. We are gradually making improvements to this beautiful old house. I hope you will come back and visit soon and see some of the changes we are making. We are learning as we go, but the "making guests feel at home" and the laughing come naturally.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
#2 of 29 in Cooperstown
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
#2 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!