All reviews paddle boats away from the road swimming area room was clean the upper level in town picnic tables my son hall of fame adirondack chairs baseball team stay there again short drive glimmerglass opera cooperstown ny dreams park dock
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I have stayed here many times in the past but had not been to Cooperstown in several years. My only disappointment was that I did not get the room that I had requested but that disappointment lasted for several seconds. The room I was given had a queen size bed and enough room to move around even with luggage and backpacks on the floor. The room and bathroom was impeccably clean. The bed was comfortable and the tv had cable and really a sufficient number of channels to choose from. They also provide secured internet wifi. The rooms have coffee makers, refrigerators an microwave ovens. The motel does have a swimming area and rents kayaks and paddle boats. They have a deck with tables and chairs overlooking the lake. Caution...you do have to cross the street to get to the beach area but there are pedestrian signs posted in both directions on the road well enough in advance.

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. It is short ride to the Hall of Fame and other attractions and about a 5 min drive to the Glimmerglass opera. I would not think of staying anywhere else in Cooperstown when I visit...in fact my reservation for next was made when I checked out.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
LakeViewMotel, Owner at Lake View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Richard - thank you for taking a moment to review the motel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our staff takes great pride in ensuring your room is clean upon arrival and during your stay. The beach area is a great place to relax. We do have paddle boats, but do not rent kayaks....however, there is a local company that does rent kayaks and paddle boards.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. Always a pleasure to have you.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

We rented the house over by Glimmerglass State Park. There was plenty of room. It could use a little upgraded but was fine. I wish the windows on the first floor opened to let some of the great breeze to be able to come in. Will be going back in October.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
LakeViewMotel, Owner at Lake View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Peggy - thank you so much for taking time to review your accommodations. We look forward to seeing you back in October.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

We will definitely stay there again, great location and views. My son is working at Glimmerglass, so this was a perfect base location for us. We especially enjoyed the Lake View Motel's lake side amenities.

Room tip: lower levels for the Lake, Upper levels for the view! both are great.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
LakeViewMotel, Owner at Lake View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Zach - thank you for your review of the accommodations at the Lake View Motel. We have many guests who attend the Glimmerglass Opera Festival and come back year after year. They had some wonderful performances this season. We look forward to having you stay with us again! Do join us on Otsego Lake next year if your schedule permits.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

I love the look of this old fashioned motor lodge! It reminds me of going away with my beloved grandparents as a child - I hope it never changes! A rare jewel.
In keeping with that you will not find modern standard amenities: No breakfast/restaurant/snackbar/pool. But you will find paddle boats, fishing poles and lake swimming included in your stay - and a beautiful view!
ROOM:
We had a fantastic room which looked like it had been updated a bit - and I was happy to find that the bathroom was large. FYI: pedestal sink (there is no vanity to hold toiletries etc.) I was also happy to find the Bathroom very clean! The room itself had worn out furniture but was also clean - but unfortunately - the mattress was uncomfortable. Although we loved the quaintness of the room and the beautiful view we didn't sleep well at all due to the worn out mattress (made husband very cranky). Also the blanket was covered in small "pills." The pills sort of disgusted me, I'm sorry. FRIENDLY RECOMMENDATION TO OWNERS: Invest in both new mattresses and new blankets - as well as perhaps lightweight vacuum cleaners for the team of lovely ladies who work so hard cleaning. (Our room was cleaned beautifully, but I would have loved for it to have been vacuumed during our stay.) I was happy to be outside the "town center" of Cooperstown - here you will find peace and quiet - and the view of the lake is spectacular. Even with the bad mattress I loved it here! (If you stay: ask for a room with a new mattress for a good nights sleep.)

• Trip type: Traveled with family
LakeViewMotel, Owner at Lake View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Hello Gram - Thank you very much for taking time to review your stay at the Lake View Motel. We appreciate you noticed the hard work that our housekeeping staff did to make your stay more enjoyable. We are sorry you had issues with your blanket. We would have been happy to replace it had you contacted the office to let us know. All housekeepers have access vacuums and your room should have been vacuumed daily. We will convey your thoughts on the mattresses to the management and make them aware. We hope we will get a chance to have you stay with us again.

The Staff at the Lake View Motel

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

This is a short drive to Cooperstown. There are basically 3 levels to this hotel. The bottom level by the water has fishing, swiming, laying out chairs, and paddle boats to enjoy while staying there. We wished we had time to enjoy the activities at the bottom. I would probably wear water shoes because it looked like lots of mussels on the rocks. Notice how clear the water is in the picture.

The second level by the reception area is where we stayed and would want to stay. It looks like there is a third level but cars can't go up to the third level because its too steep.

We parked right by our door. Old school rooms which met our needs. The staff wears cute matching baseball style shirts and they were so kind.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank gardeningteacher8
LakeViewMotel, Owner at Lake View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Thank you so much for taking a time to write about the Lake View Motel. The beach area is a popular place to be on warm summer days with activities such as swimming, paddleboats or just enjoying the sunshine on the sundeck. The upper level to the property, with spectacular views of the area, does have a drive around for cars to reach their rooms with ample parking....and there is a walking path that goes from the level you were on to the upper level. We do hope you will come back again, perhaps in the fall when the leaves on the lake look amazing, and allow us to host you and your family again. We love to have guests return again and again!