Lake View Motel
Bayside Inn & Marina(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$149
Best Western Cooperstown Inn & Suites(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$242
$228
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
Hickory Grove Motor Inn(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Hotels.com
The Otesaga Resort Hotel(Cooperstown)
$269
Official Hotel
$164
Lake Front Hotel(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
$179
Lake N Pines Motel(Cooperstown)
$135
$125
$195
$199
Official Site
The Cooper Inn(Cooperstown)
$414
TripAdvisor
All reviewspaddle boatsbaseball hall of fameroom was cleanthe upper levelin townneeded a place to staydecent place to stayfridge and microwaveshort drivecooperstown nyglimmerglass operaone night staydocklakefishingdeckcot
Reviewed June 26, 2008

This was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. They told me they were 10 minutes from Cooperstown Dreams Park and it turned out to be 11 miles and 25 minutes. My daughter and I were both bitten by something and after it stopeed itching 4 days later we have a bruise and a bump. In the morning we looked at the sheets that I thought were cream colored - but were in fact stained heavily with what I could only hope was urine and nothing worse. My daughters and myself woke with eyes swollen from allergies. The manager was a very nsty woman and I had to fight hard to get most of my money back so that I could stay at the local Howard Johnson's and stay for my sons baseball games. Also the beach is accross a busy road and I was staying with 3 small children. When you get there they have you sign a paper saying that you will not go to the lake with any less than 2 adults. Horrible Horible. If this is the only place you can stay do yourself a favor and saty home!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank busymom97
lakeviewmotel, Manager at Lake View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2009

The Lake View Motel management and staff take great pride in the services and care we provide to our guests. This is one of the rare instances where the guest was not happy before she walked in. Each reservation taken is thoroughly explained and this includes the distance from the village of Cooperstown, (10 minutes and Cooperstown Dreamspark, 20 minutes). Unfortunately there must have been a miscommunication as it relates to this particular guest.
Our seasoned housekeepers clean the rooms thoroughly on a daily basis. We are located out on beautiful Lake Otsego surrounded by the beauty of nature, with trees, animals and a little creek beside the motel. People who are highly allergic to grass, trees, etc. may have some difficulties with our surroundings but all rooms have air conditioners, so any allergies previously mentioned should be minimized by the climate controlled environment. All rooms receive routine pesticide applications by a professional service. Hence, we do not have and never have had insect/bug problems.
I vividly remember the encounter with this individual. Upon arrival she entered the office and was extremely agitated and would not listen to anything I tried to convey. I remained calm while she was extremely loud and rude. Regardless of the information given, her intent was to leave and cancel the balance of her stay. In an effort to calm her down I agreed to charge her the standard cancellation fee and refund the balance of her remaining stay.
Just minutes before another guest had just checked out stating “what a great place, they enjoyed there stay and would recommend Lake View Motel to all their friends and Family”. The Lake View Motel works hard to make everyone’s stay memorable and pleasant.

Reviewed March 9, 2008

My family stayed in one of the lakeside cabins. We were a large group - five. But w/ better space planning by owners it could have been much better. The cabin was very clean. The access to the lake involved crossing a road that had busy periods during commuter times but was peaceful in the evening. Sitting on the small deck w/ lake views was a little bit of heaven. Hotel-owned beachfront was also a delight. A swim in the lake was invigorating. Paddle boats free for use by hotel guests were lots of fun. Back to the rooms - why they put a double bed in a room barely able to fit is beyond me. Why not two single beds, no dresser, just shelves? Larger bedroom w/ double bed also crowded. LR w/ sleeper sofa: when opened, no one could walk around it. After the first night and put a sleeping bag on the floor. One serious worry: pilot light did not work on one of the stove burners. We informed the management, who told us "just don't use it". We were travelling w/ elderly people and children who cannot be counted on to remember this. Yikes! There were other (one bedroom) cabins on top of the hill that looked very peaceful w/ great lake view.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2007

Wasn't really expecting much and didn't really care - we were on a mission this year to hit as many baseball parks as we could in a one week period and cap it off with Cooperstown. Found this place by searching the internet and when we got there it was raining. I grew up in the NE so the age of the property and the size of the cottage did not surprise me.

But what did surprise me is the dinner coupon they gave us...silly thing isn't it. But the dinner was at the Lake Oswego resort and that alone made our stay complete!! They also gave us coupons for golf and one of the museums in Cooperstown.

The staff was as sweet as could be - there aren't any ammenities in this property - but I really wasn't expecting any.

It's pretty old but it's ok. If I were heading back that way I would stay there again. They had a dock for my son and husband to fish off - even in the rain - we fished - didn't catch anything.

There were TONS of boys around that were playing ball up there that week. That was fine by me. I honestly fell in love with the Lake Oswego Resort and that entire area. If I had a vacation to do again - yep - we would stay there if I couldn't get a great deal at the Oswego.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank MomOnTheGo
Reviewed July 18, 2007

My son was picked up on a baseball team in November "06 that was going to Cooperstown the following July"07, The team had made their reservations in August"06 and informed me that a decent place to stay would be hard to find. Boy were they ever wrong! By chance, my wife and I started looking on the internet and found the big name places were in fact booked. So we looked a little deeper and found this gem! The manager, Tammie, was extremely helpful with info for places to eat and visit! The room we stayed in #31, looked brand new ( was in fact approx. 5 years old ), the room and bathroom was spotless, and the maids were very accomodating! The view from our room was breathtaking! The beachfront, although small ,was large enough to have a great time swimming and cooling off after a long game, and my kids had a fun time fishing from the dock. On one night my son (13) and I went down to the dock and actually talked and admired the stars! I plan on going back, and when we do guess where we will be staying...unless I gave away the best kept secret in the Cooperstown area! The ride to Dreams Park is around 30 minutes and the Baseball Hall of Fame 20, but the ride is very scenic!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank rickski
Reviewed August 21, 2006

About 6 miles north of the town center on Route 80, Lake View Motel is friendly, clean, comfortable and totally without pretension. Everything in Cooperstown is expensive in the summer so $155, which may seem expensive for a motel room, is quite normal. At Lake View your motel room comes with air conditioning, a fridge and satellite TV. Did not notice any bugs, in fact, the room was in excellent repair and very very clean. Walls are paper thin so wish for quiet neighbors. Our wish was fulfilled on two nights of our three night stay. They make you sign a list of rules at check in so I guess rowdy guests (sports teams?) must be part of being in this baseball mecca. There is no restaurant so a car is essential, they do have Pepsi machines! You cross Route 80 to use the small marina and mini-beach on the lake, maybe not an ideal situation for small children. Despite being on the main road into town, it’s otherwise calm and serene. There doesn’t seem to be GSM telephone service anywhere in the Cooperstown area so you are at the mercy of the hotel’s phone system. I would choose this over the Holiday Inn Express (#2), Best Western (#7) or Red Carpet (#12) south of town for its lakeside location. For considerably more money, the Otesaga Resort (#1) offers all the amenities. Other modest lakeside properties nearby include Hickory Grove (#14), Lake n Pines & the Aalsmeer.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple