There is something elegant about understated class. Here it is.
I had stayed here for a conference years ago. Single beds. No TV, and no telephone or ammenities in the rooms. Now things are up to resort standards. But what still remains is the subdued attentiveness of the staff. In other reviews you will have seen the accurate comments about the views and the food; all true. But what is more important is the pervasive attitude. You are their GUEST. And they are there to insure your experience. I've been to a lot of top drawer resorts, but in Upstate NY only the Mirror Lake Inn in Lake Placid is in the same league with regard to attentiveness.
Downside-We would have liked coffee and tea in the room in the morning.
We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Otesaga Resort Hotel is the historic grand resort of Cooperstown, NY, overlooking majestic Lake Otsego and providing exceptional accommodations, excellence service, and an elegant atmosphere since 1909. The resort is located just a short walk from Cooperstown's main attractions, including the Baseball Hall Of Fame, The Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers' Museum, and provides exclusive packages for everyone in the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TravelClick so you can book your The Otesaga Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown
- Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown