While not in the Adirondacks, this hotel is everything you imagine of a grand Adirondack property. Fantastic views, right on the lake. Impecable & friendly service.
I might be slightly bias as I'm an addicted golfer and the Leatherstocking course is equally impressive. Excellent greens, great hole variety and challenging finishing hole right over water. What could be better to have an excellent breakfast in the grand dining room and then walk across the parking lot to the golf course.
Yes, the rooms are a bit small (we had two queens) and the prices are not necessarily a bargain (although it does include a very well stocked breakfast with cook to order omelets and waffles). We upgraded for $25 for a lakeside view (rm 420) and just had a small window to an angled view to the lake. If you step back and look at the room, it's actually pretty good sized (with very high ceilings). It's just the small window that makes the room feel small.
I'd stay here again. We don't come to Cooperstown that often and it was a nice splurge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Otesaga Resort Hotel is the historic grand resort of Cooperstown, NY, overlooking majestic Lake Otsego and providing exceptional accommodations, excellence service, and an elegant atmosphere since 1909. The resort is located just a short walk from Cooperstown's main attractions, including the Baseball Hall Of Fame, The Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers' Museum, and provides exclusive packages for everyone in the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TravelClick so you can book your The Otesaga Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown
- Otesaga Hotel Cooperstown