“Beautiful old hotel”

and 1 more site!
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Cooperstown
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This classic hotel is lovely,. Beautiful room, charming views of the Lake, delicious food. Charming in every way. Great friendly courteous service. Nice place to hold an event or just get away from it all. Cooperstown is the epitome of small town living. Again, it's charming

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Suze1213

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had always planned to bring my son to Cooperstown to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame and when Hurricane Sandy roared through our town and knocked out our power for upwards of a week, we went on a road trip. Unfortunately the weather was a bit gray and damp, so the views were somewhat diminished, but the Hotel sits right on a beautiful lake. It was a Tuesday night and the hotel felt quite empty. Our room and bathroom were spacious with lovely views of the Lake and the beds were comfortable. The highlight of our stay was breakfast the next morning. My son is a hungry teenager and he availed himself of the made to order omelets, waffles, french toast and pancakes. There was fresh squeezed orange juice and they happily gave me the iced tea I wanted. It was a walk to town and to the Hall of Fame and they let us park the car for the day in the lot so we didn't have to find parking in town. (Note - the two hour parking restriction in town isn't long enough for a Hall of Fame visit and lunch.) Would absolutely come back again - in the off season.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Beautiful hotel. Everyone should experience the grandeur of a 100 year building. Food and service were also excellent. You are in walking distance to the Hall of Fame.If you really want to experience Cooperstown stay at the Otesaga.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was at the Otesaga Hotel for a conference and was absolutly amazed at the level of service we recieved! The room I stayed in was suppose to sleep 3 of us and contained two queen size beds as well as a pull out couch. (Unfortunately one of our colleges couldn't make it) Turn down service wasn't aware that one of us was absent and even with the couch pulled out it was more than spacious. Seeing as we were there for a conference, dining was included and it certainly wasn't the usually conference food! Choices after choices for lunch with on of the most spectacular dessert buffets I have ever seen. Cocktil hour in the evening was another great treat, and words can not begin to discribe dinner. The service was outstanding, and the Otesaga should be proud of the proessionalism of their staff after a tray was accidentaly knocked off by a passing conference goer. Simply said I would go again in a heart beat. Just loved it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

First-class accommodations, magnificent setting, varied and satisfying culinary offerings, Multiple entertainment and educational opportunities nearby. We would highly recommend this hotel for a lovely and relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: Not applicable. Our room was made possible through a gift.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert R R
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel has been in existence for over 100 years and the building is one of those old, really well-made ones where everything is sturdy and good. The walls and doors are real wood, the bathroom was lovely, and the towels and robes were sooo thick and soft! It was all the real deal. No particle board or laminate. Our room was really a nice size as well. The bathroom was huge and the water pressure was great. We stayed one night and ate breakfast at the hotel in the morning. The breakfast was amazing. Pretty much anything you wanted. My favorite were the mini-waffles, freshly made, with fruit and real maple syrup! The location is lovely as well. Right on the lake.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeighkarenL
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have been staying at The Otesaga one weekend every fall for the last nine years. We began the tradition as a trip to the hall of fame when my then 4 year old read a book about Babe Ruth. From the first time we stepped into the lobby and back in time we fell in love with The Otesaga. Each year we create a new memory. The trip is my now 13 year son’s favorite trip of the year.
We drove out to Cooperstown from Albany on a rainy fall afternoon the leaves were turning and the scenery was spectacular all the way out. Arriving in Cooperstown we saw the Otesaga Golf Course on our left and the stately Hotel with its tall columns welcomed us as we drove up the circular drive way The room was beautifully furnished with a king sized bed, desk, and pull out couch.
My son settled in at the desk to work on a project and commented on how fast the complementary wireless internet was. My wife and I headed out for a walk over to the golf course and down along the lake. We ended our walk in the lobby bar sitting by the fireplace enjoying a glass of wine. After relaxing in the bar we retrieved our son from the room and went to The Hawkeye Grill for dinner. The hostess made us feel guests in her home welcoming us with a genuine smile and showing us to our table. The service staff was there immediately first the cocktail server and then our food server with menus and explanations of the nights specials. My wife ordered the Lobster Risotto , my son the Lamb T-Bone and I choose the NY Strip. Our salads arrived and were excellent with homemade dressings and crisp vegetables. Pam’s Risotto was delicious and the portion most generous with large chunks of lobster meat , my steak was cooked to perfection and served with a mouthwatering Demi glace. Aaron’s Lamb was beautifully presented but he was a little hesitant when attempting to cut the meat from the bone I asked if I could help him and our waiter as if reading my lips was there instantly to assist my son in deboning his meat. We passed on dessert and retired to our room where we found our bed turned down with a chocolate on each pillow and also the pull out couch pulled out and turned down with a chocolate.
Sunday morning we went to the main dining room for a lavish breakfast buffet that included a waffle station, eggs to order and an omelet station. The service was once again superb. After breakfast we took a last walk along the lake and reminisced about the year that we tipped over a canoe at the Otesaga dock. We headed home looking forward to next fall and another weekend at The most perfect hotel in the world.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jackroddy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooperstown
The Inn at Cooperstown
Lake Front Hotel
#8 of 16 in Cooperstown
Gateway Inn & Suites of Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites Milford/Cooperstown

Been to The Otesaga Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!